Controlling Sonos Volume

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BikerNation, Jul 9, 2019.

1. BikerNation

BikerNation New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    When the Geek Squad guys set up my Bolt system they did a little trick that allowed the TiVo remote to control the volume of the Sonos sound bar. Had to get a new remote, how do you do that? Thanks

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    In the TiVo Settings > Remote Control Setup, you should be able to pull a listing of codes and instructions how to use them.

-KP

3. BikerNation

BikerNation New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I’ve tried all 21 four number combinations to pair the remote. I can turn the Samsung TV on and off and some other things but it will not change the Sonos volume, the TV sound output is set to the Sonos speakers and they are working but no volume control. Any more detailed instructions on how to get this done? Thanks

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You're using the procedure for programming the Sonos' as an 'amplifier' type device and not a 'TV' type device?

Maybe you're missing a step? IIRC, the TV must be programmed first before programming the Audio Control.

Also, maybe Best Buy used CEC to control the Sonos' via the TV Remote? Are they connected with HDMI?

Maybe post the model numbers?

-KP

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
  6. Tanic

Tanic Member

Jun 22, 2004
    You need to program this through the Sonos app.

Open Settings... Room Settings... select Room... select Remote... select Remote Control Setup... following instructions to Replace Current Remote.

Only one TiVo remote can be paired for each "room".