Control via remote IR extender?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by web1b, Jun 7, 2020.

1. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I now have the TiVo tilted up on top of a sound bar and an Apple TV sitting on top of the sound bar in a media niche with the TV hanging above on an articulating arm.

For a cleaner look, id like to be able to drop the TiVo and Apple TV on to the cubby floor hidden behind the sound bar and not have to bother with having to use the mobile apps as remote controls.
    If I get a remote extender cable, should I be able to control multiple devices with a single extender?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    As long as you have the Bolt paired correctly with the TiVo remote it doesn't use IR and you don't have to worry about line of sight.

Scott

3. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    [QUOTE="If I get a remote extender cable, should I be able to control multiple devices with a single extender?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. There are dual i.r. emitter cables you can use. Some extenders come with them.

4. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    I tried pairing the remote based on the instructions on the Remote Control Pairing screen in the TiVo settings and it isn’t working. It still only works as an IR remote.

5. web1b

web1b Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Can the remote be RF paired with the TiVo and also be configured to control a TV via IR at the same time?

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes. It can control Power, Volume, Mute, and Input/Source. Sometimes the Input/Source won't work because it needs the TV's enter key.

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA