Control Problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by Faithtilley, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Faithtilley

Faithtilley New Member

Mar 13, 2006

Advertisements

Hi, ive got a really weird problem with the Tivo, Its been working fine for years, but for the last week or so,, it fails to turn the samsung box over. It always misses the 1st digit. However if i use the channel up or down button it works fine.. but always fails when i type the numbers in manually or when tivo trys to change the channel for recording. Im using the external IR, as the they arent close enough to use the internal one.

Ive checked the Control settings and they havent changed. (i tried on a slower and faster setting to see if that helped. but NO)

Im thinking of ordering another external IR, even though it does work when Channle Up or Down. as cant think of anyting else..?

any ideas..?

Thanks

2. Glesgie

Glesgie New Member

Feb 3, 2003
    London
    Could be that the samsung is responding to the TiVo remote's number key.

Try shielding the front of the samsung box from stray IR.

3. AMc

AMc Active Member

Mar 22, 2002
    East of England
    I'm assuming you're a cable user? Are you on NTL or Telewest? Try searching for samsung and NTL as they updated their software reasonably recently which caused some problems - I believe users found a way around them.
    Also if your cable box has been running for a long time - it's worth turning it off at the plug for 30 seconds - this cures a multitude of problems.

If Samsung make Freeview or Sky boxes then sorry for any confusion.