Contract end date?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by DAVIDGR, Jul 27, 2007.

1. DAVIDGR

DAVIDGR Enthusiastic Member!

Oct 26, 2002
    Armonk, NY...

Advertisements

Here's a dumb question. How do I know my contact (commitment) end date? It's not on my paper bill, and I couldn't find it anyplace online. I was one of the then lucky people to get a HR10-250 box during the $19.99 promotion last year. I think I agreed to a one year commitment. I'm not looking to leave D, but the FIOS TV promotions are intriguing! :) Is there anyway I can confirm my end date without calling the CSRs? I'm not confident that they'd give me an accurate answer.

2. RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    As far as I know, your commitment would normally be two years from the time you activated your HR10. The only way that I know to confirm that is by calling DirecTV.

3. sotapoppy

sotapoppy Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    Just email customer service from directv's web site asking them for the date your programming commitment ends. You should get an email response the next day. Plus, you will have it in writing.

4. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Directv (and others) should be required by law to put it on your monthly bill. The customer should not have to guess or find out after they close their account that Directv thinks they have a commitment.

5. harley3k

harley3k New Member

Jul 19, 2006

Advertisements

Just call and tell them you are cancelling service and they will let you know :eek:

By the way, the fee to terminate your committment is $12.50 per month you have remaining ($300 / 24 months), so it may not be as bad as you think. I terminated last year and still had 12 months left, so they charged me $150. But since I was saving over $12.50/month with my new FIOS service, it was still a no brainer. And I didn't have to pay $199 for the pleasure of renting an HR20.

-h