Constant Restarting: What is going on?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by DevdogAZ, Jan 13, 2006.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I have an S2, Model 540, with SW version 7.2.1-oth-01-2-540. I have no idea how long I've had this version as I don't generally care about that. Today I just learned about TiVo Desktop 2.2 and TiVo to Go Back (I know, I'm slow). I had previously transferred some shows off the TiVo to my PC but I just found out today that I can send stuff from the PC to the TiVo. I sent a couple of shows over today and ever since, my TiVo has been constantly restarting. Right in the middle of a show it will suddely go black and then show the Powering Up screen. It's happened 4-5 times (that I know of) in the last 12 hours.

Did I do something that broke my TiVo? Is my HD going bad and the timing is just coincidental? Are there problems with Desktop 2.2 and is it possible that installing that on my computer could have an effect on my TiVo? It just seems odd that it's worked great since I've had it and then suddenly today when I learn of some additional capabilities and make use of them, it starts to act up.

Help!! What can I do?!!?

2. Hutty

Hutty New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Mine started doing the same thing, as soon as I unplugged the tivo network adapter it stopped...very wierd.

3. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Were you able to plug the network adapter back in or do you have to use it without the HMO features?

4. Hutty

Hutty New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    I have to use it without the network adapter plugged in, I still have to get in touch with support and see if they have any ideas.

5. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT

If your using Netgear WG111 v1 you may have this problem, using the Linksys USB11 (not V4) you may never have this problem.

Les

6. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    My wireless adapter is a D-Link DWL-G120. It's always worked great and it still does. The TiVo hasn't reset itself for about 15 hours now so I'm hoping the problem has fixed itself. We'll see what happens.