Constant failures (0x506) streaming from Roamio Plus to iPad

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MighTyVo, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. MighTyVo

MighTyVo New Member

Oct 21, 2005

Advertisements

My TiVo Roamio Plus has never been able to stream an hour long copy protected program to my iPad Pro without failing at some point. I get the message "There is a problem streaming this show. Please wait a few minutes then tap "Try Again" to resume watching...." (there's more to the message, but I won't post the whole thing). The thing is, "Try Again" never works, it always results in the message "Problem Playing Recording. An error occurred while playing this recording." Pretty much nothing works to get that show to stream again except watching another show (which sometimes fails also, but sometimes works) or going through the streaming setup again.

I complained to TiVo support about this before they were sold to Rovi and they opened a support ticket and said they would monitor my TiVo and get back to me, but they never got back to me. I followed up with TiVo support today, well after the Rovi sale, and got a robotic response of "it really depends on your network connection" meaning my WiFi connection between the iPad and the TiVo. Well, my WiFi connection could not possibly be better. I have a 5Ghz 802.11ac router connected to the TiVo via an Ethernet cable (the TiVo gets its internet via MoCa) which then connects to the iPad. I can download from the internet close to the 100 Mbps limit of the TiVo's Ethernet connection to my iPad. The TiVo is not capable of supporting a better WiFi connection. I told all that to the support rep but she seemed not to understand and could offer no advice as to what to do to get a better connection.

I was able to find a link to a status page for the TiVo Stream built into the TiVo Roamio. The URL is http://192.168.1.23:49152/sysinfo where 192.168.1.23 is the IP address of the TiVo Stream built into the TiVo Roamio (the IP address of the TiVo Roamio is 192.168.1.22). That status page lists "Streaming Failure Reason: 0x506" when the stream fails. Does anyone know what this error code means and/or what to do about it?