Considering TWC Signature service

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ZeoTiVo, Jun 13, 2011.

1. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    SO I got a call from TWC today. They want to sell me "signature service" which includes a little better VOIP phone, 50/5 internet (which is the main attraction) and whole home DVR. I also get actual TWC technicians versus contractor guys. The rep was knowledgeable )corporate out of Raleigh) and was accurate in what he says and understood TiVo DVRs and cable cards, etc..

I am considering this offer, again mainly for 50/5 internet. I will have to learn some more about TWC whole home DVR to get a better feel for how I would run that alongside my TiVo DVRs.

thoughts or feedback..........

2. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    Might want to make certain that shiny new internet doesn't come with a cap. ;)

3. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It's all a question of value. They don't have 50/5 in my area, and the RR extreme was about $100/month just for that. I didn't go that route. Let us know how the whole thing work out.

4. pjoner

pjoner New Member

Mar 19, 2007
    I am a signature home customer in NY. Speeds are a constant 50/5, whole house DVR seems to work considering I am not getting any complaints from family members. I still use my TIVO HD with an M Card. My only concern is the 199 rate only seems to be promotional for 12 months, this is stated on the bill. I am afraid what the rate will be once the 12 months is up. It they rate is jacked on me then I will downgrade services, the 50/5 is a nice luxury but not necessary for my current uses. They seem to offer same day truck rolls in regards to down services and they have designated reps for signature home services. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    hmm, good question to ask them

Yeah, I did not ask how long the rate would last yet. It is a month to month with no time commitment so I could indeed downgrade if need be. One of my factors is there just is no other option where I live save for DISH or DirectTV and I have no wish to deal with DBS. I work from home so internet connection is important to me