Consequences of replacing battery?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by chuckg, Oct 8, 2007.

1. chuckg

chuckg New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Berkeley
    If a Samsung S4040R battery is replaced does the unit have to call home? Which would in turn force me back to 6.3e. Something that will not happen if I can help it!

BTW the Panasonic CR3032 voltage is 3.729 VDC when the unit is plugged in and 3.280 VDC when unplugged. The latter voltage, according to Panasonic specs, indicates a load of about 1 microamp. The former voltage implies that the battery can be replaced with the line cord connected -with great care, of course- thereby preserving whatever data the battery protects.

2. wedgecon

wedgecon Just Plain Awesome TCF Club

Dec 28, 2002
    Vancouver, WA
    I do not think the battery is needed and your Tivo should not have to call home after it is replaced. The only time I think you need to call in is to setup the DVR service when you first get the unit or put in a new hard drive.

I broke the battery clip on mine when trying to replace it and I taped it back on but I do not think it works.

I have come to belive that the battery is not needed and nothing will happen if it is not working. From what I have been able to gather nobody has noticed any thing different with the battery working or not and the DirecTiv's only get their time sync from the sat.

3. Duffycoug

Duffycoug New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Anyone up for an experiment? Take the battery out of one and see how it functions over a weeks time.....one of you guys that have hacked machines and constantly open them.