Connection issues? (C118)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by doconeill, Jul 29, 2018.

1. doconeill

doconeill Unix Guru

Dec 13, 2002
    West of Boston
    Anyone seeing C118 connection issues this weekend? Apparently my Bolt+ hasn't connected in a couple days, and telling it to connect results in the C118 "There is a problem with the connection.", and their help page says to repeat guided setup, which seems excessive for something that's been working. The network connection itself is working fine, and my premiere and S3 that connect via the Bolt+ as a MOCA bridge work fine. I unplugged if for a while and plugged it back in and tried again, and it still failed. It re-sync'd the time fine, so it seems to be getting to the Internet OK - it just isn't connecting to the service. It sits at "Configuring..." for a while and then gives up.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try Network Settings, Network Troubleshooting, Internet Connection. Does that fail also?

3. doconeill

doconeill Unix Guru

Dec 13, 2002
    West of Boston
    All that passes, including the TCP port test and DNS test. I can get to netflix, etc just fine as well. And, as it turns out, it has since succeeded - probably because I posted :) But it's been trying periodically since Friday and apparently failing. Weird how it only affected one of three units.

JoeKustra likes this.