Connecting with the T-Mobile EDGE network

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by biffski, Jul 20, 2007.

1. biffski

biffski New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    New York
    At the present time I am using a T-Mobile EDGE connecting to the internet via my Dell Latitude D400 Windows XP Laptop with a Sony Ericcson GC89 card. I am a little confused as to how I would access and download Tivo data to a Series 2. I am fully setup, having owned this TIVO for many years. I read someone else's thread about connecting with Cingular and another device. I got a little lost due to the different hardware. How do I access via the T-Mobile network? Thank you Tivo users for your help in advance.

Biffski

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Your Tivo shouldn't really care about how you connect to the internet. You would probably need to setup networking sharing via your Dell so that other devices can access the internet via your Dell PC.

3. biffski

biffski New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    New York
    yes, but how do I configure that?

Biffski

4. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). Instructions are on the Microsoft Windows XP web site.

5. biffski

biffski New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    New York
    I tried the steps on the Microsoft site and did everything it stated alowing the DVR to obtain the IP address and also assigning it but I still could not connect. The Tivo is giving an error message that states "No DHCP server". I even check marked the boxes in the advanced tab under DHCP to see if it made a difffernce and it did not. What shall I do now? Thank you

Biffski