Connecting wireless TiVo to wired PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Dr. Bob, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob New Member

Jan 7, 2006

Advertisements

I'll admit that I haven't gone through every posting in this forum, so someone may have already addressed the problem that I have. That said, here goes: we have a TiVo Series 2 (S2) connected through a wireless 802.11g network to an Airport Extreme (my wife has two Macs, I have a PC). The network connection works fine as far as getting pictures from my wife's Macs onto the TV connected to the S2 and to allow the S2 to get its schedule information from the Internet. The Internet connection is via an ethernet connection between the Airport and a Zoom X5 DSL modem/router. My PC is connected via ethernet to this same router. I have loaded Version 2.2 of the TiVo Desktop software onto my PC, but I am unable to see the TiVo. The IP addresses of the TiVo and my PC differ in the third digit (10.0.0.5 vs. 10.0.1.5), so that may be the issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :confused:

2. biffer791

biffer791 New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    The problem is that you have 2 routers on your network. turn off distribute ip addresses on your airport and it will act like a bridge instead of a router and all devices will be on the same LAN

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Brilliant! It didn't even occur to me that the Airport was acting as a second router and thus was creating a separate network. It all now works exactly as it should. Thank you!

:D