connecting more than 1 tv

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sshansen, Jul 16, 2020.

1. sshansen

sshansen New Member

Jul 16, 2020

Advertisements

New to the tivo. So we are going to get rid of our dish and go to antenna. Just picked up a roamio ota model TCD846000. Now i havent had time to play with it but i got it fired up and connected to our wifi last night and let it go cuz it said it was loading stuff. So if this works we want to add either a mini or another roamio ota and have them compatible with each other just like dish dvr with other tv's.
    This is my setup i have. WIFI in house (not able to install ethernet cables to anything), antenna is HD and splitter block completely seperate from dish system. I would only like to add 1 tv with a mini or another roamio which ever is compatible to watch recorded shows between both tvs.
    What do i need to do to make this work or will it not work?

Thanks

2. vaquero

vaquero Active Member

Jan 14, 2020
    Just two Roamios would work. Both would have to be connected to your router. If you can get a good strong wifi signal from both, you could go wireless.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Minis require a wired network connection and the Roamio would be the host device. Another Tivo Ota Dvr would be ideal, and recordings can be shared between them.

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    ... assuming you can connect an antenna to the second Roamio. Otherwise, you couldn't watch live tv or make any recordings on it.

@sshansen, you don't even have coax in the second room? With coax, you could have a wired connection between them, as that could carry antenna and internet on the same wire via Moca, in which case you'd need two Moca adapters if using two Roamios or just one if using a Mini.

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

The moca wire would carry his antenna signal from one Roamio to the other? And the 2nd Roamio could do live tv? Learn something new every day!

6. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    A mini will also work if you can use a powerline adapter for it, I've been using them for almost 10 years on my minis without issue.