1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Cable Provider Tivo T6 to Personal Premiere?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SDNick484, May 18, 2018.

1. SDNick484

SDNick484 New Member

Mar 14, 2008
    I recently signed up with a new cable provider (Wave Broadband) who offer a Tivo T6 (seems to be a Roamio variant) as their cable box. I already have a Premiere with lifetime and was hoping to use multiroom viewing & transferring of content between my Premiere and their T6. At this point I have both Tivos up and running via CableCARDs and both can reach however when I try to transfer shows I'm receiving a V106 error. I do see both Tivos have different MAKs, and I'm wondering if that's the issue and what I can do to resolve that?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    They both need to be on the same tivo.com account to get the same MAK, on the same network. Depending on the company owned box, you would need to be able to transfer that box to yours to be able to transfer/stream between them.

It would also be tedious with transferring between the boxes, such as, transfer to computer, decrypt to remove the MAK encryption layer, transfer to the other box.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    A few cable companies support merging the accounts to support MRV between cable company and TiVos that you own, but I don't know about Wave. You have to call TiVo support and have them do it.