connect to "wireless" landline

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by renotheo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. renotheo

renotheo New Member

Apr 7, 2011
    I have a Premier with the phone line adapter connected to my vtech 5.8gh base that connects to a Verizon Wireless "home phone connect" unit which takes the place of a landline (this is a new service, I have a permanent phone number and wherever I use the unit I can place or receive calls on any phone that is plugged into it, in the US). The Premier will not complete the call while doing setup. I tried several attempts with and without call waiting disabling. The TiVo tech rep claims it can't be done due to the VW being digital and the Premier requires analog, which a landline is. It seems to me that the vtech base is analog and works just fine connected to either a landline or the VW unit. Has anyone out there had any experience with this, is there a possible solution?

2. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    This is going to sound strange but as a phone co repair tech I ran into something similar years ago with a fax machine. Try reversing the wires that connect the tivo to the units jack. You may have to rig up two phone jacks to do it. Reverse the red and green wires in one jack if it has red, green, black and yellow wires. You want the red wire from the tivo connected to the green wire going to the wireless unit.

3. renotheo

renotheo New Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Any chance that would damage the tivo or the wireless?

4. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Nope shouldnt bother either. Some new equipement has circuits built in that will reverse the line with out having to do it manually.