Confirm last update?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeTaxpayer, Aug 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008

Advertisements

Some time ago (a year? two?) there was a sale. An 'upgrade' offer, to move a lifetime service to a new Bolt. The requirement was that the TiVo to be 'traded in' had to have been used in the past 12 months.

Yesterday, I plugged in my stack of old TiVos to phone home and update the program guide, even though they are not carded. I am curious now, is there some way of checking/confirming the last sign-in date for these TiVos? These are 4 old ones, but all with lifetime, and I imagine there's some value to keeping them around?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    System Information. Check the dates.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its on System Information.

4. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Yes. Sorry. I meant online. To confirm that TiVo has these connections registered. (Looking at my acct on TiVo.com)
    If that's not possible, I suppose I should just mark my calendar, and have them phone home every 6 months or so?

5. Bruce24

Bruce24 Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston

Advertisements

FYI: When I look at My Account on the Tivo site under "Active TiVo devices" they list my currently up an running devices plus a Series 2 that I trashed a decade ago. I had noticed this was there years ago and when TiVo had a transfer lifetime subscription offer I tried to use this TiVo and they denied my request based on it not having been used in over a year, so being listed under active devices don't mean anything, hopefully calling home keeps you current.