Computer not showing in Now Playing - Vista

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kojima, Aug 16, 2007.

1. kojima

kojima New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Ok, I recently upgraded to Tivo Desktop 2.5 on my Vista laptop. Everything is working great (music, pictures, even ToGo transfers from TiVo to my PC) except the new divx playback features.

I remember in the past, using 2.4, seeing my computer listed in the Now Playing list. Although now it doesn't show up at all. I can see my 2 TiVo's from the TiVo desktop software and even transfer programs. I have disabled anything firewall related (I was only using the included Vista firewall anyway) and I'm not running any other security software.

Any ideas?

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    First off you must have a Video File in your My TiVo Recordings folder, or the PC will not show up at the bottom of your Now Playing list. Secondly, the new DivX transfer feature require you to purchase TiVo Desktop Plus ($25) for it to work. So if you don't have Plus and the only files in your My TiVo Recordings list are DivX files, then your PC wont show up on your TiVo. If you want to verify that it's not network related try putting a .tivo file into the My TiVo Recordings folder. If your PC still doesn't show up then it's a network problem. If it does, then you just need Plus and you're good to go.

Dan

3. kojima

kojima New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Excellent! Thanks for the quick reply Dan. I just purchased the upgrade and it works like a charm now. They really should be more clear about that.