Compatible with Alba STB8

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Luponic, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Luponic

Luponic New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Hello,

I've just got an Alba STB8 freeview box and I'd like to set it up so that my venerable Tompson Tivo can control it. I've worked my way through the full list of Freeview IR codes and none of the them work and the chap on the Tivo helpline said that I'm stuffed as there will be no new IR code updates. Can anyone suggest a way to get this working or am I wasting my time?

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Ask in the UK forum.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    This is a problem with the Series 1 boxes. They're no longer being upgraded/updated, and as a result any new STBs with new IR codes will be beyond the Series 1's abiility to control.

If you know someone VERY good with computers and writing software, it's always possible they might come up with a way to change the TiVo's software so as to include the codes for new STBs.

Of course, they'd have to have access to the IR codes to the new box(es) first, and for all I know this might violate TiVo's terms of service, or something equally annoying.

4. Luponic

Luponic New Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Hmm, I'm a software developer myself so I might give that a try. I was just looking for an easy solution first.
    Thanks for replying.