Compatible HD for a Bolt Vox - Hard Drive Upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mehndi1, Oct 2, 2020.

1. mehndi1

mehndi1 New Member

Nov 4, 2011

Advertisements

I have a new Bolt Vox 500 gb coming that I would like to upgrade to 3 or 4 tb. I did this with my previous bolt. I can not find any reasonably priced and compatible hard drives. Where are they? Please help?

2. mehndi1

mehndi1 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks KP. I will read these.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. mehndi1

mehndi1 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok, I read most of the threads above and I don't have my question answered. Where can I find a reasonably priced plug and play 3 or 4 tb hard drive?

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

If your opening up the box, you may as well just connect a 3.5" HDD externally. It's a lot cheaper.

mehndi1 likes this.
  5. mehndi1

mehndi1 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks for the tip, UCLAbb, what hard drive is compatible to the Bolt Vox and any online stores where I can find them?

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Amazon, Newegg, eBay. I used a WD Red 3tb. You should do a little more research on types of drives. When I got mine there were no issues but I read now about types that may be a problem. Search the thread or ask in a new thread. You will need power for the drive as well as a SATA cable to connect to the board. I just used a bare drive with a power supply and 4 pin molex to sata adapter.

mehndi1 likes this.
  7. mehndi1

mehndi1 New Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks again UCLABB. I will start another thread with an inquiry for drives that may work.