Compatible Discs for Pioneer 810H

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by listerone, Jul 9, 2010.

1. listerone

listerone New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Suburban Boston

Advertisements

Just dusted off my Pioneer 810H after several years of storage.Everything seems to work fine except I can't get any of my old 4X RWs to accept burns from the HD.Are there any DVDs available today (prefer DVD-Rs but would accept RWs) that can be used on it.I'm aware of the 2X limit but have read here that that doesn't always apply to an -R.

TIA.

2. robomeister

robomeister DVD TiVo Expert

Feb 4, 2005
    Beltsville, MD
    In the case of the Pioneer DVR-810H and Pioneer DVR-57H TiVos, you must use 2x or 1x DVD-RWs discs, the 4x DVD-RWs will not work. Believe me, I've tried all kinds of discs in the Pioneers (my favorite TiVo), and they are very particular in regards to the -RW discs. You might be able to find some discs on ebay, but ask before you buy. Again, you must use 2x (or slower) DVD-RW discs.

I've had some better success with the DVD-R discs. But you need to choose a good quality disc, not the generic, 100 for $5 discs. 8x discs seem to work better than the 16x discs, but YMMV.

Hope that helps,
    robomeister

3. listerone

listerone New Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Suburban Boston
    Thanks.The funny thing is that not long after my post I found a spindle of 16X R's that I didn't know I had and they work like a charm.I thought my unit would only work with very slow (e.g.,early) R's and RW's but that doesn't seem to apply to R's.