Community - "Remedial Chaos Theory" 10/13/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Aniketos, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006
    That was one of the best episodes of Community I ever watched. That's why I love this show, they swing for the fences, and when they hit, they hit harder than any other show I'm watching.

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    That was an interesting concept. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but I did.

3. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    When it first started I was thinking I wouldn't like it. By the second "alternate" scene I was in love. This show is just so awesome. I would miss any single character if they were to leave.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. An episode like this has the potential to go either way.

And it went incredible. :up:

Absolutely loved it. If there is a more innovative sitcom on TV, tell me!

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    This was one of the most brilliant and innovative 30 minutes of sitcom television I have ever seen.

I fully expect Stevenj to hate it. :D :p

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    When Troy comes back with the pizza, having hoped to not miss anything, and his eyes go wide with the horror scene before him, I had to pause because I was literally choking from laughing so hard.

7. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    and then he sees the gnome!

8. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Totally this. No other should would even try something like this, much less nail it.

9. hapdrastic

hapdrastic Swarley

Mar 31, 2006
    I *loved* this episode.

My wife *hated* this episode.

I don't even know where to begin.

10. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I had to pause it even before I got to the gnome. Then that just set me off again. :)

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Perhaps with a good divorce lawyer? :p

12. jerrye25

jerrye25 unsocial idiot

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay, I love this episode. I loved how both similar and different each situation ended up.

But something odd happened and I was wondering if anyone else saw this.

I usually watch TV with close captioning on. At the point where Abed caught the dice and revealed that Jeff set up a system where he would never get picked, people started calling him names, we flash to him grinning then to Annie. At that point my close captioning put up

A**hole

as if someone had said it. But they didn't put the asterisks in, it was there clear as day. I listed a few times to see if anyone had said it but never heard it. I thought it was kind of funny.

Anyone else see that?

13. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I just went back and looked and yeah, I got it too. I think someone at the CC factory was having a little fun. :)

14. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    I noticed that Jeff would never get picked after the first reality scene, but boy was that a great show! Watching Chevy take the dive again from the bullet reminded me of his SNL days.

Great episode.

15. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Yup, I saw it. I rewound a couple of times to see if anybody said anything near it but it didn't fit with the dialog at all. I'm sure some deaf prudes were watching so the phone lines probably started ringing six nanoseconds afterwards.

16. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Well. I tried.

I don't want this to be a thread crap, and obviously I'm not in the majority, but I didn't like it.

I decided to give Community another try last night-they lost me about halfway through last season.

I just didn't care for it.

17. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I think this was their best episode (better than the paintball one.) So if you didn't like this one, maybe this series is not for you? What have you thought of the other episodes you've seen?

18. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    (sigh)

19. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Helpful scorecard for those following along:

[​IMG]

20. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    I really liked it for the first year. LOVED it, even. Then they started getting a little too movie referential, which is fine-but not being a huge film buff, it lost me. I stuck with it for a while, but it got kinda...I dunno. Cocky?

I WANT to like this show again. It seems like it would be good. But it's just not my thing, I guess. And that makes me sad. I love Joel McHale. I love Chevy Chase.
    So, seriously, NO negative comments allowed, at all? REALLY?? :rolleyes:

ETA: I forgot to add, there was one thing I did enjoy-the very end, where they were doing the "disaster" version. That was pretty funny.