Community - "Intermediate Documentary Filmmaking" - 2/17/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Aniketos, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006

Advertisements

Started off slow in the joke department, but each joke was hitting so hard I was doubled over.

I've been complaining about Pierce as the villain the past few episodes, but to me this was a well used Pierce. Jeff and Britta were great playing off each other (I love that relationship, they're only allowed to make out in end of the world scenarios are drunk) And Donald Glover is amazing. I love how he's gotten more comfortable with the Troy character and his facial expressions (especially tonight) was funny every single time.

"Me and Abed have an agreement. If one of us dies, we're going to stage it to look like a suicide over the unjust cancellation of Firefly. We're going to get that show back on the air buddy."

"Could you imagine bouncing a check to Kunta Kinte?"

"You know what Dylan Thomas said about death?" "No, tell me." "Bluff called."

"Set phasers to love me."

"That was a complisult. Part compliment, part insult. He invented them. I coined the term. See what I just did there? That was an explainabrag."

2. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I love the different styles of storytelling that this show uses.

"Butterfly in the sky. I can go twice as high."

Love Reading Rainbow!

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    "Oh well... more chicken for Kunta!" :D

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    The only good part of this ep...:up:

5. Aniketos

Aniketos Active Member

Mar 6, 2006

Advertisements

Do you watch TV that you actually like? You could probably free up a lot of wasted time by A) Not watching those shows and then B) Not posting in threads about them.

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    We watch plenty of shows on a regular basis..including this one.

Not all of the eps can be comic gold...as was the case with this ep.

7. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    I thought this was a very funny episode. I liked the documentary hook and Pierce messing with them through bequeathments. I'm just not sure how they are going to redeem Pierce. He keeps getting worse and worse.

Jeff's threat was great. "If you're lying, if my father isn't coming, if a car pulls up and anyone other than my father steps out, say an actor or you in a wig, if you try to pull any Ferris Buellar, Parent Trap, Three's Company, F/X, F/X 2: The Deadly Art of Illusion bullish*t, I will beat you. And there will be nothing madcap or wacky about it."

Also, in Shazaming to see if the theme song was available for download, I ran across and entire Community album. It had theme music, a medley of music from the show, songs the characters have sung, like Vaughn's songs and Troy and Abed's "Somewhere" duet. I'm digging it.

8. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Loved Levar's cameos, but other than that I wasn't laughing as much at this episode.

9. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I am really starting to dislike the Jeff character. He just seems like real jerk this season. And Britta isn't far behind. Just not likable characters.

10. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent. TCF Club

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Actually I think they are getting more and more human, and thus, likable. The problem is Pierce, as Zevida and others have said. There simply is no plausible reason why the rest of the group would be friends with him at this point. (There barely was to begin with.) I think they've taken the character beyond redemption.

11. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I really am curious though to go back and watch the first couple of season one eps and see how different Britta's character was from what she is now.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I loved this episode!! So many great lines. I thought I was going to hate it, as I'm burned out with Abed's arty film making plots, and with Pierce being an a-hole. But this was just great. I loved Annie trying to over analyze her bequeathment and Pierce saying...she really IS my favorite :) Troy's eyes....wow!!! And I was shocked my son knew the character Kunta Kinte from Roots. (He explained there was a Simpsons episode about it)

Will the words to the Reading Rainbow song forever bring tears to our eyes now?

13. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    What I feared when I first saw that Chevy Chase would be in this show, is happening: He's taking over and it's becoming all about him. I much preferred when he was in the background and semi-likable and goofy.

14. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'll take five Pierce-centric episodes before I ever want to see another Chang prominent episode. They've completely killed the Chang character for me. I kinda like Pierce being an a-hole although there's no reason for the group to still be dealing with him.

15. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I still like a little chang! and the other teacher!