Community "For a Few Paintballs More" - 5/12/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, May 13, 2011.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I know I shouldn't overthink episodes of Community, but when I was watching this, I couldn't stop thinking about two things.

First, it seems that every class runs an entire year (no wonder Pierce has been attending for twelve years).

Second, they said that the prize was $100,000 - but they never said what kind of dollars.
    "Here's the prize; 100,000 dollars."
    "What kind of dollars are these?"
    "Zimbabwean dollars. It's worth about 260 US dollars. Have fun with the cleanup!"
    (Of course, if they really needed US$100,000, then, assuming an enrollment of 5000 students (which is not unheard of), the dean would just announce a "temporary" fee increase of $20/year. Problem solved.)

2. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I hate when they have an episode of obscure references!

;)

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Star Wars: I called it! ;)

"Operation: Troy's Awesome Plan is living up to its name."

"Denny's is for winners."

There was clearly a fire alarm in the study room right behind Shirley. Why did she need to run out into the hallway to pull another one? More dramatic that way I guess.

4. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Great part II, I knew that Pierce was still "in the game" when Britta was taken out by the last two stormtroopers.

5. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    She had to get out of the building to go after the truck. She would have killed herself by pulling the one in the study room.

6. Savafan1

Savafan1 Active Member TCF Club

Mar 20, 2003
    Ohio
    It's closer to the door. If she pulled the one in the study room, she wouldn't have made it out of the building without getting paint on her.

7. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Ah, okay, you guys are right. :eek:

8. stlarenas

stlarenas Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    near St...
    Followed by Jeff's reference to "Operation Actual Operation" :)

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Excellent episode. Loved Abed acting like Han Solo, and Annie getting caught up in it. She seemed really disappointed when he went back to his regular self (until she smelled Starburns' vest).

What exactly was City College hoping to achieve? Cause Greendale to destroy itself and then all the Greendale students will have to go to City College?

I love it every time we see the "E Pluribus Anus" flag.

10. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I think they want to expand City College and make Greendale a parking structure.

11. SocratesJohnson

SocratesJohnson New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bedford, TX
    What was it that fell from the ceiling when they were waiting for Pierce to come back? Was it an obscure reference?

12. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    Was this the first time we've seen City College's flag?

13. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Interesting.
    Since Community has been officially picked up for next season, does this mean Chevy Chase won't be coming back?

14. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought it was a ceiling tile or a light fixture. If it was a reference, I didn't catch it.

15. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That would definitely be interesting, but I haven't heard anything about that. I'm guessing they just figure out a way to write him back into the group after a couple episodes of him being on the outside next season.

16. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I figured that was an obscure reference to how season finales usually have cliffhangers. :p

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Especially as the phallic City College flag violated it. :eek:

18. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Dan Harmon talked about this in an interview with EW (contains mild spoilers about next season).

If you want to just get to the answer:

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY So you ended the season with a bit of a cliffhanger, as to whether Pierce will come back. There’s been a lot of Pierce drama this year—were you building up to that moment all season?

DAN HARMON: For the last two seasons, with a few rare exceptions, I’ve never really planned anything more than six episodes in advance because I just was never confident enough to do so. In TV, you’re always roughly six weeks ahead of the all-important experience of watching the show along with the audience. It wasn’t until the paintball episodes that we actually talked about ending the story in that particular way.

EW: Will season 3 begin by addressing his return?

DH: Yes. Nobody’s going to wake up in the beginning of the season and just hit the reset button. It’s going to be an issue that we use to tell a few stories in the third season, for sure.

19. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    My favorite line came from Troy agonizing over Magnitude's "death":

"Pop What? POP WHAT?"... anguished cry. :D

20. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005