Commercial Skip Feature

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Peter Schneider, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Peter Schneider

Peter Schneider New Member

Jan 22, 2019

Advertisements

I've been using Tivo since the very first model came out -- this is the first time I've used the Community Forum, however.
    Up until three or four months ago, 60% of the programs I recorded had the Commercial Skip feature. (These were primarily prime time network shows.) This percentage has dropped consistently since then -- as of now, I haven't seen the Commercial Skip green box once in the last two weeks. I know that this was discussed on the forum a couple of years ago. A Tivo exec. named Margret said that people with this problem should email her with certain information. I guess she's left Tivo, because my emails are returned as undeliverable.
    Any information on this situation would be most welcome. Thanks very much.

2. DVR_Dave

DVR_Dave Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
  3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Margret no longer works for Tivo since the beginning of 2018.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I think there have been general issues the past week across the board but seems to have generally been resolved at least on the couple of shows that have recorded for us the last night or 2.

Scott

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I could start a poll. But I hate polls. On the average, excluding system failures and missing metadata, I think my average is about 99%. Of the system failures, they are usually also found at tv.com which has a nasty habit of just leaving a time slot as a gray block when something is wrong. It uses data from TiVo. CBS Interactive data isn't so bad. I give it 90%. Gold medal still goes to Gracenote but I wish they would fix their web site.