commercial ff

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by alldatoys, Apr 21, 2007.

1. alldatoys

alldatoys New Member

Apr 21, 2007

Advertisements

I know on the older remotes you could program a 30 second ff to breeze through commericals. I have a RC-24 direct tv remote, is there such a program I could use on my new remote/hd dvr?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    The HR20 HD DVR has this feature standard ... no special "back door" commands need. Just press the "skip" button on the remote.

If you're using the RC24 remote with your HR10-250, you can still enter the "Select Play Select 3 0 Select" back door command using that remote to enable 30-skip on the "skip" button.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    FYI, the 30s skip is remote independent. You're programming the unit not the remote. You just use the remote to enter the code into the TiVo.

4. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    I guess they consider that a feature and not a bug.

I found it to be one of the many annoying things about the HR20 interface. Using that to get through a 6-minute commercial break in "Late Show with David Letterman" takes about 40 seconds longer than you want it to. On the HR10, its "bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang,", and you're done, which takes about as long to do as it did for you to read. Life's too short.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...

Advertisements

Agreed. But at least you don't need to enter "hidden" commands to enable 30-sec skip.

6. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Well, it's not like you need to join a club and learn a secret handshake. Anyone who can google can find the answer in a minute. I've done it enough to be able to do it in the dark while half-asleep (or half-drunk).

7. itzme

itzme New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    I have the HR10 and love my 30 sec skip. I'm having a hard to envisioning the HR20's "skip" button. How much time actually elapses per skip. Why did it take 40 seconds to get through a 6 minute break? With the HR20, does it really take 7 seconds to skip through a 30 second commercial? This idea REALLY makes me wanna hold on to my HR10 as long as I can. I can get through a 6 minute break in less that 5 seconds.

8. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Two to three seconds, but it does seem longer when you are used to the instant jump.