Coming on Fox: Free Ride, ugh!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Jan 31, 2006.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

I know, there's been too many polls, so no poll with this one... just an early prediction, based on the stupid (insipidly so) commercials for coming soon "new" FOX show: Free Ride.

I'm setting the over-under at 3 shows aired before banished for good. And personally, I'd bet the under.

I know that many here never see commercials, and barely watch "live tv" but I'm an impatient hold out. I watch a lot live because I can't be bothered to wait, and as such I see those horrid things called "commercials."

The commercials for this apparent stinker are either doing the show a serious injustice, or are showing yet again that you can only do but so much to dress up an obvious t-u-r-d.

I don't mean to be a hater, but I swear that FOX deserves a bazillion BIHs (Burn in Hells!) if they think that Free Ride is the kind of crap that should be airing instead of a quality show like Arrested Development (A.D.)

I don't know how many will recall the show, but the vibe I'm getting from the ads for Free Ride is about a billion times worse than what I recall from The Princes of Malibu. I was more than willing to give that show a chance, and it wound up off the air after just a few airings. I don't expect Free Ride will even get that many.

As we/they say, B-I-H FOX!

2. Feb 1, 2006 #2 of 10
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I don't think it can be said any more eloquently than that. :)

3. Feb 1, 2006 #3 of 10
    spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas

In the future when in the midst of a six paragraph rant, could you provide a synopsis of the show or some information about what specifically the commercials portray?

All I know about this show from your post is that it's called Free Ride and that they're promoting it via commercials.

4. Feb 1, 2006 #4 of 10
    Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I was thinking the same thing, WTF is Free Ride and why is this guy ranting about it?

5. Feb 1, 2006 #5 of 10
    Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy Purveyor of Idiocy

Nov 19, 2002
    Somewhere...

Advertisements

And that it's a t-u-r-d.

6. Feb 1, 2006 #6 of 10
    Test

Test Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2004
    haha, but if you use your detective skills you will see he mentions "the princes of malibu" that was about 2 kids that take advantage of their absurdly rich step dad...and the title of this show is "free ride" so im assuming its the same show with diff. people

7. Feb 1, 2006 #7 of 10
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    About a kid that moves back in with his folks after college. His buddies that never left home are still around and are big losers. Hilarity fails to ensue.

8. Feb 1, 2006 #8 of 10
    terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Thanks CB, as that pretty much says the same thing I was saying when I called it a t-u-r-d in the making, but hopefully provides enough to answer the queries above.

Seriously, either the commercials are not doing the show justice, or it's a complete steaming pile.

We'll find out once it airs an episode or perhaps two, but I expect we'll never see three... It looks (from the commercial clips) like it's that bad. Pathetically unfunny. Or as CB noted, hilarity fails to ensue.

9. Feb 1, 2006 #9 of 10
    lambertman

lambertman Chris Lambert, man

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    I t-h-u-r-d that sentiment.

10. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    "That's Unwatcha-tastic!"