coming back to TiVo!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by joemamafresh, Sep 6, 2007.

1. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    tomorrow, i've got a 80HR DT TiVo coming...i'm so excited! it's like x-mas eve! one small problem...what do i do with the motorola 6416 cable box i've used for the last few years, and i'll definitely miss on demand...come on guys, share some of your thoughts with me?

thanks!

~joey~

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    If you have digital cable, you'll still need your cable box, and will have to feed it into the audio/video inputs on the dual tuner TiVo.

Otherwise, the TiVo will only be able to get whatever analog channels are on your cable system, using the TiVo's own cable-ready tuner.

If you have only analog cable, but have any pay channels, you'll still need to use the cable box to get those. The TiVo won't be able to descramble it/them.

3. joemamafresh

joemamafresh New Member

Jan 26, 2003
    BLOOMINGTON,...
    i've got digital cable, with a yamaha a/v receiver with s-video out/inputs...the csr said i'd have to do away with the box altogether...i'm not sure i like that idea...i just can't wait to use some of the news features like unbox and most of the other things...when i fitst had tivo, that all there was, tivo, but cool as hell...wishlist, ect...cool...as...hell...

4. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Welcome back, welcome back...

5. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Why did you go with a DT box and not the new Tivo HD?

The Tivo HD will replace your cable box; it will still be required with the DT for anything other than analog channels.