Comcast Xfinity OnePass Problem with 1000 channel neighborhood

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by PCChrisC, Sep 8, 2017.

1. PCChrisC

PCChrisC New Member

Sep 29, 2014

Advertisements

A few months back, Xfinity added the 1000 channel neighborhood to group HD channels together while still leaving the original HD channels - for example TruTV HD can be watched on 902 or 1430.

I decided to switch my OnePass subscriptions to the new numbers and things were recording normally until a few weeks ago. Now, while it shows that the recording is coming up on the To-Do List, it still doesn't record. The channel is still working fine and I can manually set the recording. I do notice that when I check for Upcoming showings in the OnePass, it lists the old HD channel twice at a particular time instead of the old and the new channels.

I ran a Guided Setup but I'm still seeing that duplicate channel issue for upcoming showings. If anyone else has found a fix, please let me know. Thanks!

- Chris

2. davidscarter

davidscarter Active Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I'd recommend going into the channel listing and un-checking one or the other of the duplicate channels. (I only use the 3-digit channel numbers myself and have all of the 4-digit ones turned off.)

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I have a OP for Suits on USA channel 1403 but USA is also on channels 195 and 825. I see the same thing when I look at upcoming episodes from an episode in My Shows. I'll see three listing for each timeslot all listed as the same channel and none with a double check mark to show it will record. Sometimes the listings at the bottom of the list will show the correct channel and have checks. But if I look at upcoming showings of a particular episode everything is listed correctly and what should be checked off for recording is checked. I have not, to my knowledge, had anything not record.

4. PCChrisC

PCChrisC New Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Thanks for the replies! I went in and unchecked the duplicate three-digit channels along with the SD ones that I don't use. That seemed to do the trick as I could now see my upcoming four-digit recordings and my recent OnePasses recorded normally.

5. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004

Advertisements

Xfinity just rearranged their channel lineup above 999. I just saw that my TiVo is recording still recording shows based on the old channel numbers. New Channel Lineup Frequently Asked Questions

6. SMWinnie

SMWinnie Dis Member

Aug 17, 2002
    Peninsulam...
    jstatso:

Did TiVo pick up the new channels smoothly for you or did you need to go through the lineup issue form procedure?

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    For us it went smoothly, but we didn't have any existing channels above 1000 so I didn't actually notice when Comcast deployed them and only caught it once TiVo added the channels.

I think the locations that have had the most problems have been the ones that had existing channels above 1000 and there were channel changes which would impact recordings. There were lots of posts here from people in the larger markets about submitting the changes to TiVo. Since those had slacked off, I thought Comcast had finished the rollout of this update, but apparently not.

In any case, you should submit a lineup change to TiVo. You can also try emailing the changes to lineup@tivo.com.

Scott

8. SMWinnie

SMWinnie Dis Member

Aug 17, 2002
    Peninsulam...
    Thanks! I got a case number and sent the full channel list as a spreadsheet and as a PDF.

The hardest part was getting a complete channel listing from Xfinity/Comcast. Their website is set up to give me my own subscribed channels. I was able to get the complete channel list by typing in a non-existent address next door.

(I'm assuming "fake address" worked because I got all the channel numbers. I suppose there could be a wizard family with an unplottable house next door and they get Xfinity's "all channels" package.)