Comcast - Wrong Lineup - Central FL

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TiVo Bob W, Sep 27, 2007.

1. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm with Comcast in central Florida (Dunnellon market). Out digital lineup changed the 18th of this month. Since then all of my channels above 99 have been listed wrong with Tribune Media. As such, they are also wrong on the Tivo. TiVo customer support has been very courteous, but I am still waiting for a resolution. Timeline follows:

18th - Comcast lineup changed

19th - Called TiVo to let them know - was told 5 to 7 days to enter changes

24th - Called TiVo to see what was up - I was told lineup was fixed on the 23rd - I stated that lineup had not changed, still incorrect - forced download and rebooted, no change - FAXed new lineup to them - they also asked for a few examples

25th - Two channels fixed - a few channels missing - one channel listed twice - rest still wrong - call TiVo again, once again was told problem was fixed - let them know it had not been and stated the new issues - after a long time on hold I was told it would be corrected on the 26th - or the 27th if they ran into any issues

27th (today) - Forced download and rebooted, no change!

I have been patient up until now. Now I'm starting to get a little annoyed. Any suggestions as to what I can do to expedite this process. It has now been 10 days since my lineup changed.

Thanks, Bob

SONY SVR-2000 - 403 hrs.

2. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    If the channel lineup was changed and renamed, Tivo has the information already, but you have to repeat guided setup or at least part of it to change from the old lineup to the correct lineup. You should be able to go to zap2it.com (zap2it is tribune media services which is Tivos source for guide data) and see if they have your correct channel lineup. If they do, doing the following should solve the problem.

Tivo central > messages & settings > settings > channels > channel list > press the 'enter' button (not the select button) to repeat part of guided setup to choose the correct lineup.

3. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update:

It's Friday the 28th now. Just got of the phone with TiVo. It turns out that the corrected lineup that I FAXed to TiVo was just sent to Tribune Media last night. Time between reporting problem an TiVo sending correct lineup was 10 days. So much for five to seven days to correct problem. I am now told that it will take an aditional five to seven days for Tribune to enter the new data.

Bob

4. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Odd.

It used to be that once you reported the problem to TiVo, they'd have the new lineup ready for you in two or three days.

5. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida

Advertisements

Update # 2

Saturday the 29th. They fixed a few more stations today. There are now seven correct out of 58 changes. Also, all 48 music stations are incorrect.

This is the first time I've had a problem with a lineup change. The other times everything has gone great. I guess you can't win them all!

Bob

6. Oct 1, 2007 #6 of 18
    CWaX

CWaX New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    bob, I'll be curious to hear what you get back from TiVo - I've been dealing with the same frustration since the Comcast changeup.

7. Oct 5, 2007 #7 of 18
    TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update # 3

Friday Oct 5th. Lineup still wrong. Called TiVo once again. They admitted that this is taking much longer than it should. Blamed Comcast for not suppling Tribune Media that new data. At this point, I don't care. Just FIX IT!!! Anyway, the CSR checked with the lineup department. Who checked with Tribune and was told it was being worked on as they spoke.

Crossing my fingers, Bob

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 18
    TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update #4

Monday, 8th. Called TiVo again this evening. Talked to an upper lever CSR who talked to the lineup team manager. Here's where we stand. Tribune Media has the correct lineup data and has since last week. Comcast has yet to confirm the data with Tribune. The lineup manager is going to conference call Tribune and Comcast in the morning (Tribune had already closed for the day). He is going to try and get Comcast to confirm the new lineup. If so, Tribune will start working on the change immediately. By the way, Comcast will not confirm the new lineup with me even though they mailed me a copy and it is also available at the local office.

New time-line - Friday

Bob

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 18
    CWaX

CWaX New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Thanks for the update Bob! That time frame is completely ridiculous - but Comcast has been so slow to make the changeover from Adelphia (WHEN will we get InDemand?) it doesn't completely surprise me!

10. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update # 5

Call TiVo again last night, Friday the 12th. This time I asked for a supervisor immediately. He stated that they only had the correct lineup a couple of days now and would need more time. I informed him that a member of the lineup team called me two weeks ago and had me FAX it directly to them and that it was confirmed the next day that they received it. So he then shifted the blame back to Comcast not confirming the lineup. Unlike last week, this week I was very dissatisfied with the supervisor and felt like he was just blowing smoke. As far as the new completion date, hopefully by mid week. But he also stated that it may take much longer. They just don't know.

As far as Comcast goes. My new lineup is not listed on their web site. Site states, "We are currently working to provide channel lineup information for your area." I e-mailed them on this and in part, the response stated - "We are still working on this issue. At this time, we do not have a time for resolution."

We are quickly approaching one month since the lineup change! I find this situation completely unacceptable. If anyone from TiVo can be of any assistance or can at least confirm what the problem is please do so.

Thanks again, Bob

11. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update # 6

Well, its been over a month and my lineup is still wrong! Their still blaming Comcast for not confirming the lineup. This time, no time line was given!

Bob

12. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update # 7

Was told by TiVo that the lineup had been corrected this afternoon. They confirmed a few of the changes with me before having me repeat guided setup. Unfortunately, the examples they gave where still wrong. She talked to the lineup department again and they double checked. It turns out the lineup had still not been corrected. Although, they found a lineup that matched except for one station. So, the CSR has me perform guided setup while I was on the phone with her. When I get to the channel selection screen she asks me to confirm the lineup. Guess what. Lineup is wrong!!! Then she asked me for some examples of the lineup changes. I stated that I have FAXed the lineup to them multiple times. She checked with the lineup department again and they could find no record of it! So here we are five weeks later with no resolution in sight.

Even though I do not believe that TiVo is ultimately responsible for this situation, they have stepped up and offered me multiple forms of compensation. Now if Comcast could just offer any type of Customer service . . .

Just in . . .

I have just been in contact with a member of this forum who assured me that this issue was recently changed to the highest possible priority.

Still waiting, Bob

13. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Update # 8

I had some time this morning so I thought I would call Comcast and get an update as to where they stand on this situation. After being transferred five times I finally found someone who understood a little about my situation and was willing to help. First, she checked Comcast.com for my lineup. Surprise, the site stated "We are currently working to provide channel lineup information for your area." She said "O.k. I'll check our internal network." Nothing listed there either. "Let's check tvplanner.comcast.net" After a pause she stated that she found my lineup. So, I went to the site and checked. Guess what, same lineup as Zap2It. She did some more research and come up with nothing else. She then decided to get TiVo on the line for a conference call. After a rather lengthy discussion it was determined that no existing lineup matched mine. My current lineup matches channels 99 and under. A few lineups in other ZIPs matched most of the channels 100 and above. In short, Comcast determined that my lineup did not exist. She asked me to FAX over the announcement from Comcast that my lineup was changing and what the changes would be. She also wanted a copy of the final lineup as picked up at the local Comcast office. So here I am with a nonexistent lineup and no resolution in sight.

Bob

14. CWaX

CWaX New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Wow! This is complete insanity - and thank you, Bob, for all the time you're putting in on this. Would it help at this point if more people were calling them? (My Tivo is a spare and in the guest room, so I don't check it that often - but I do use it to record). Absolutely ridiculous.

15. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    CWaX

It definitely would not hurt if you reported the issue to TiVo. Just don't let them have you repeat "guided setup". It won't help!!!

Please let me know if you do call. In turn, I will keep you updated.

Thanks, Bob

PS - It appears that all Comcast DVRs in the Dunnellon market are also affected by this issue.

16. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Quick update,

Just talked to TiVo. They state that Comcast has yet to confirm the update.

Bob

17. TiVo Bob W

TiVo Bob W Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Final update (hopefully),

Lineup has finally been updated! It took 41 days and numerous calls and e-mails to TiVo and Comcast. What I believe finally resolved this issue is a conference call I setup between myself, Comcast and TiVo on 10/24. This call lasted one hour and 49 minutes and I was not hanging up until I was assured that Comcast would FAX TiVo the new lineup immediately and TiVo would then escalate it on the Tribune Media side. To achieve this goal I had to FAX Comcast a copy of my lineup (they still could not find it!!!). Then Comcast had to verify it and FAX it to TiVo. I truly believe that this situation would not be resolved at this time had the parties involved not been pressured by myself and others.

Even though I primarily blame Comcast for not supplying and confirming the lineup, I also blame TiVo for not putting greater pressure on Comcast. Once I reported this issue it should have been taking care of without my intervention.

Also, anyone have any idea why Tribune Media still shows the old lineup?

Thanks every, Bob

PS - Sorry for the occasional rant. :D

18. CWaX

CWaX New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I just went and checked, and had to manually update my channel lineup but it looks like they finally have it!
    Bob, thank you so much for all the work you did to resolve this issue! TiVo and Comcast made a mess of things, but you got them straightened out - finally!