Comcast/Tivo software upgrade

Discussion in 'HD Comcast TiVo DVR (Archive)' started by faxman, May 4, 2011.

1. faxman

faxman New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MA
    Does anyone know when there will be an upgrade to Tivo software on a Comcast Motorola DVR DCX-3400? I'm currently running Tivo software version TE-1.5-0024-01-01-001 and middleware version 6.2.00. Will the upgrade happen automatically?

2. wb3fsr

wb3fsr New Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Will Tivo from Comcast be available in Jersey anytime soon?

3. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
  4. evaree

evaree New Member

May 12, 2011
    I have an original Tivo box, about 8 years old, and upgraded to a Comcast HD box. The tech said he couldn't connect Tivo to the HD box. I can either have my old Tivo or HD without Tivo. Comcast offered me their DVR with Tivo. I need to know how it compares to what I have. Also, if anyone can help, if I go with Comcast DVR/Tivo, can I transfer my saved programs over from my Tivo?
    Thanks

5. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The Comcast Tivo is quite nice. It doesn't have any networking features or Netflix/Youtube/Amazon but it does have Comcast VOD.

Keep in mind this box is DEAD. Comcast/Tivo will be offering Premieres soon. I do believe this is a better option since it will have networking capability.

6. kathpdx

kathpdx New Member

May 27, 2006
    I heard that this deal (Comcast-Tivo) is absolutely dead. (Was Comcast actually smart on this one?)

7. faxman

faxman New Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MA
    I don't understand. From the article (thanks!): "Comcast and TiVo plan to jointly promote the capability in retail and other sales channels, and the MSO will install TiVo Premiere set-top boxes with its cable service at no additional charge for its customers when the service is available in those markets." Does this mean that *someday* Comcast will swap out my Moto box for a Tivo Premiere box for free? And, until then, no upgrades? I'm in the Boston area, any idea when?

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts

No upgrades because they are not devoting any software development time to a dead product.

I suspect they will swap the box out at some point. There are so few Comcast Tivos in existence they probably won't have a problem getting all of them out of peoples homes.