Comcast Tivo Pricing--No Leaks?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by peteypete, Oct 10, 2007.

1. peteypete

peteypete New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    I can't believe that Comcast supposedly recently had a Tivo cheer day up in New England where all reps had a briefing and a pep rally on the upcoming Tivo software and that we've gotten NO leaks as to the pricing of this thing. Any ideas on what that's going to be?

2. kmill14

kmill14 New Member

Dec 11, 2006
    You know, it absolutely amazes me that nobody at Comcast in that area is really blabbing anything on the net that I can find (and I look, believe me!)

Of course I have seen countless posts about people calling Comcast and getting any # of stories, dates, etc.

One has to wonder what the hell Comcast is waiting for here. Can they still be "testing" the porting process or the interface itself?

3. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    More than zero? :D Seriously, that's a good question and one I wonder about as well. I also wonder if New England gets a pricing break of some sort so they can rapdily deploy a bunch of these to see how the system responds and get feedback.

4. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    Hopefully they will have some kind of promotion at first. Maybe free 30 days etc.

Also I live in the boston area and I hope to see a lot of advertising for the ComcasTivo.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You are assuming Comcast themselves knows what they are going to charge. My guess is they will make it up on the fly and it will end up being different for each customer because they have no clue what they are doing. But its just a guess.

6. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    I've heard $2.95 (per month) thrown around.

7. davecramer74

davecramer74 New Member

Mar 17, 2006
  8. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
  9. kmill14

kmill14 New Member

Dec 11, 2006

Or the original beat writer screwed up regarding which boxes are being upgraded.

10. peteypete

peteypete New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    The point is I can't believe that Comcast runs such a tight ship that no body feels compelled to go on the relatively anonymous net and spill the beans!!!

Please, someone break the ice!!

11. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    its being tested on comcast employees. Would you risk your job in order to spill the beans on the net?

12. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    More importantly, where exactly is the hot Comcast talk online? :)

13. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    There are websites where cable company employees feel comfortable sharing information, especially privately with members who are not inclined towards "the cable company is always wrong" philosophies.