Comcast PPV on TivoToGo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Sparty99, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI

Advertisements

I apologize, I didn't do a search, but I figured this was a quick yes-or-no answer. Comcast has sent me a couple of PPV coupons, and since I've got a Series 3 and can't order PPV movies on that unit, I was wondering if it was possible to order the PPV movies on my dual tuner, pull them to my computer using TiVoToGo and be able to edit and watch it that way?

Thanks in advance.

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Probably not. The recording will surely be copy protected.

And you have to order it with the cable box connected to the Series 2 anyway, not the series 2 itself.

3. nirisahn

nirisahn Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 19, 2005
    Denver area
    Unless some sort of copy protection prohibits you from recording it, yes, you can. I've done it. Make sure the cable box is connected to the S2, start the movie, and hit record on the TiVo remote. When the movie is over, stop recording. Or, if you know how long the movie is, set a manual record for the length of the movie. I do this with On Demand and PPV all the time. Once you copy the movie to your Tivo Desktop, you can edit the name of the recording. Of course, don't order HD versions of the movies, those obviously won't work on an S2.

4. mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I also record on demand stuff all the time and send them to my PC to burn to DVD. Ever since Comcast in my area started offering WWE 24/7, I have recorded every single thing offered on it every month and used my DT tivo to record and then send it to my PC to burn to DVD.

If its a PPV event(like UFC, WWE, or even a movie thats scheduled at a specific time), you can also set the tivo to record that showing and as long as the tivo can change the channel on the cable box, it will record it as well.