Comcast Ondemand thru TIVO Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by timstack8969, Oct 22, 2011.

1. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    What ever happen to comcast adding their Ondemand feature to TIVO Premiere's? I remember reading that San Francisco, CA were to be the first to receive this in the fall season. Has anyone received this feature yet?

2. Frank_H

Frank_H New Member

May 21, 2011
    Can someone in the San Francisco area respond to Tim's question?

3. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, AZ
    You got it wrong.

They DO have on demand tivo. It is a modified Motorola box with tivo firmware, not a standalone Tivo Premiere.

You can even schedule recording an on-demand show with the cablebox Tivo.

4. herbman

herbman Member

Apr 8, 2008
  5. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    It's been like that, 16 months since the same was announced with COX? We have yet to see it roll out anywhere. Who knows, there have been no updates since the initial press releases.

6. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The original Comcast/Tivo deal was announced in 2005. It took three years before we saw a product. That was the Motorola Box with Tivo software. They released it in one market and killed it three years later.

Just some Comcast/Tivo history to think about.......

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Not exactly what you asked, but Charter is rolling out a similar feature in a little over a month in some markets.

As for Comcast, there were significant problems with the soft-Tivo-on-the-Motorola box, but I expect that the "activate a retail box and get VOD" will get here a lot sooner.

8. miadlor

miadlor Member

Sep 4, 2003
    Rhode Island
    As long as you have a tuning adapter from Cox, you can order Adult movies and Events from the website.