Comcast Houston "deleting" HD channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by andyf, Jun 14, 2011.

1. andyf

andyf Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2000
    Houston,...
    Well, just a couple of months after getting these new HD channels they're now removing them.

[​IMG]

They are adding a few also, most notably BBC America HD.

2. shady

shady Previously European TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    Morgan...
    That's a fair swap, I wish they'd do that here

3. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    BBC HD is what I wanted. This is a net gain for me.

4. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    I saw teasers for several shows on BBC that I thought would be really good. When I watched them I was they contained a lot of :p anti or belittleing -American comments. I could live with one or two but it seemed like every show went out of their way to add a few. So I pretty much don't watch BBC any more. I was disappointed in most of the shows anyway-that had nothing to do with the anti-Americanism. I must be jaded or something--I even find Top Gear boring.

5. aridon

aridon Member

Aug 31, 2006
    When they do channel changes like do the new ones just pop up our is there something to do on tivo end?

6. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    They did the same thing here in Seattle the first of June, but we didn't get the only one I cared about (BBC America). :thumbsdown:

Guide data was available I believe one day after Comcast added the channels.

I don't have any of the premium channels, but I read elsewhere that those Starz, HBO, etc. channels that were removed would be available on Comcast On-Demand.

7. rugbyfan45

rugbyfan45 New Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Nothing to do on the TiVo end. Should just update when TiVo fetches the new schedule. I guess if your scheduled download is substantially later than the new channels coming on for some reason, you could just do a manual one. :)