Comcast Houston blank screens on digital channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by nirvanayoda, Dec 19, 2007.

1. nirvanayoda

nirvanayoda New Member

Aug 11, 2006

Advertisements

Hi guys,

I'm sure you'll remember I caused a stir saying that I thought Comcast Houston had gone SDV. Well, we all know that isn't true now, yet I'm still having issues with black screens on several digital channels (mostly in the low 200s although there are others that don't come in, such as MojoHD). Occasionally all channels will come in. This has been going on for weeks, possibly a month or two. There is also heavy pixelization at times on some local channels, but that has decreased since I bought a Motorola signal booster.

I just bought a new Tivo HD for the bedroom (the other one is a Series 3). The same channels are causing the same problems in both rooms. However, Comcast's own box does not give these issues.

I called tech support and they sent someone out to my house. After spending close to 2 hours at my place, the guy said he didn't know what the problem was except to say that his support department said that the problem was going on all over Houston and would be resolved in a day or two. That was a week ago, and, naturally, I have a feeling they just wanted an excuse to let him go somewhere else.

Any idea what the problem may be?

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm not really much help, but I can tell you that some pixellation is back. It *did* start about a week ago, and is on various channels. Never for long (max an hour or so), and not always on the same channels. Luckily I went OTA a few months back, so it's not a biggie to me (my 2nd S3 is cablecard only, not OTA, and it sees the pixellation).

So maybe they did screw something up somewhere in their system. Nothing surprises me any more.

3. doormat

doormat Member

Sep 15, 2004
    Vegas
    Does rebooting the boxes fix the problem?

4. jdc0423

jdc0423 New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Texas
    For the past couple of days, my signal on some channels has dropped from the 90's to the mid 40's. I am having them back out to recheck everything.