Comcast has Screwed Me in Philly

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by timstack8969, Jan 23, 2006.

1. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    I am unable to watch my anolog channels directly thru my TV because Comcast in Northeast Philly has scrambled them except for local channels. What do I do now???

2. dagap

dagap New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Alpharetta, GA
    Get a cable box? See if there's something they can put in the street-side pedestal to unblock the analogs? Switch to satellite? Call Comcast to discuss alternatives?

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Yeah. While I'm surprised they've done it, anyone with just a TV and no TiVo would be in the same boat as you.

You'll have to rent a cable box.

I haven't heard of cable companies doing stuff like this in a long time.

In my area, there're NO scrambled standard channels left on analog.

4. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    I have a digital cable box from comcast but say I'm taping(Tivo-ing) something from the cable box and want to watch something else on channels 0-99 I can't because most of them are all scrambled.

5. knr

knr Geek anyone?

Oct 13, 2005
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    Comcast did that to you?

I live in South Jersey, and our analog channels come through just fine.

-Kyle

6. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    You have the option of getting a second cable box. You can hide the one tivo is using away someplace out of sight, where it won't pick up any IR signals except those from the IR blasters out of the tivo.

7. MerlinMacuser

MerlinMacuser New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Ann Arbor,...
    Glad to hear Philly cable technology is finally entering the 20th Century...smirk.

8. gar187er

gar187er New Member

Jan 19, 2006
    West...
    comcast = the devil
    cableworks = less powerful and less greedy demon....

id call them and ask a rep about it...that shouldnt happen....you should be able to receieve them fine...check your tv settings, you may need to switch your cable/sat/air setting....

9. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Cancel cable and subscribe to DIRECTV.

10. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like you have a trap on the line. If you were paying for expanded they may have had wrong info and trapped you out.

Or, you are actually only paying for basic and they finally audited you when you were getting expanded.

11. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    Does anyone else in Northeast Philly have this problem with receiving channels 0-99 directly thru the cable into the TV or is it just me??? Does anyone else in Northeast Philly even have "TIVO"???

12. timstack8969

timstack8969 Member

May 14, 2004
    Well I called Comcast to complain about this and told me that there are so many people in city of Philadelphia stealing cable they have to do this(Scramble the channels thru the TV) Unbelievable!!!!

13. mrjam2jab

mrjam2jab Still Learning

Jul 23, 2004
    Levittown, PA

I live over here in Levittown....and i have Comcast. They havent done it to us.

Must just be you city folk.... ;)