Comcast customer service

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lamotte, Jul 10, 2011.

1. lamotte

lamotte New Member

Oct 10, 2004
    northwest ohio
    wife and i will be returning to comcast in central illinois in the next month curious if customer service is any better there than with time warner i have currently in northwest ohio.

shocked when told my cable card would be 7.95 a month rather than the 2.50 currently paying here. when having my cable card installed here it took 6 visits to get it running properly. hoping they can do better

2. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    The first CableCard is free, if they tell you anything else they are lying or just don't know what they are talking about. http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/F...5c8-c8a4-44f7-96f4-def06cced0db&fss=CableCard

Also, if you don't have any cable box from then, they you should receive a credit on your account, you can see what that is supposed to be here: http://www.comcast.com/equipmentpolicy/. This assumes you at least have the digital preferred package. If they try to add a HD Technology fee in, call them on that too, it is not supposed to be there.

I have found that I always seem to get additional charges that aren't supposed to be there when I make any change to my account. Comcast has information on their website about CableCards and related charges. Just search for "CableCard" and you can find good deal of information.

3. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    You will only get the free HD for the locals only. If you want HD for Espn, discovery you need to get the HD package. With certain packages the hd will be included but it will cost a little bit more.

4. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    I recently transferred my service when I moved and they let me get a new package, this was just June 6th. I did double play of internet and TV with the Digital Preferred lineup and performance internet. I was told the HD is free with the package and after a number of go arounds with Comcast, after I had done a change from initially agreeing to triple play and then deciding to not get their voice service, they managed to getting the billing information correct.

I find if you aren't feeling like they are getting things right, after a few rounds with CSRs, you can go here: http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/RickGCustCare.html. On the bottom is a link that starts you on a path them seems to get any issue resolved. Usually they will call you and make sure things get worked out as they are supposed to be.

When dealing with Comcast, it is best to know what to expect so the CSRs don't get away with pulling any funny business.

There is lots of good information here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=8596921#post8596921

5. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Yes if you get the package with HD included. I have what is called the HD preferred it includes HD, HD box. If you get the preferred it does not included HD.

6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    I have no idea what you're talking about - all digital packages include HD on a Tivo. You pay a separate HD fee for their box, but not for Tivos alone.

7. OlympicRef

OlympicRef New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    OMG how bad is Comcast Service in montgomery County, MD? They are the worst; off to FIOS I go.:mad:

8. danjw1

danjw1 Member

Sep 13, 2005
    You might want to poke your head into the Time Warner thread before you do that. I can't speak one way or the other about them.

9. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I have as well.

There was the occasional jerk who was 'supervisor'. Once I got to a manager, the service was good again. Maybe that supervisor was passed up for the next promo and/or was having a bad week.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Keep in mind that Comcast does not have any true national policies, they are a patchwork quilt of local and regional contracts and services, there's no cohesive pricing or option policy.

A lot of this is from them acquiring service areas as they bought out other operators and acquired their local city and town agreements.