1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comcast Chicago --> Duplicated 1000+ channels vs. Season Passes and Wishlists

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by b_scott, Apr 20, 2017.

1. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    This is a crappy situation. I want to switch my channels to the newly duplicated and reorganized channels in the 1000+ range, but I can't do it because my old season passes won't let me switch to channels which they are not currently airing on. So I would at the very least need to keep channels on my list that are for anything old that isn't airing. In doing so, my wishlists will pull from that pool and see duplicates constantly. And I'll have to see duplicates when flipping through my channels list.

Any ideas? I don't understand why I can't just choose any channel I want for a season pass. Or at least the two mirrored channels should be linked so that if say HBO was used for a show, the new version can also be chosen. UGH.

2. samccfl99

samccfl99 I Am Sometimes Vocal

Sep 7, 2013
    coconut...
    We do not have them here yet and I do not care to learn new channels. I still wish they would get rid of this crappy 20.7.1.RC2, which does not handle H264 very well in certain situations, among other things...

3. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    ok thanks..... but that doesn't help me at all.

4. ffitzgerald39

ffitzgerald39 Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Buffalo...
    I am also in the Chicago area and the channels appeared for me without any guide data or titles. I put in a request to Tivo thru "missing channels" form. Two days later they all appeared in a message after the daily update. They are all in the schedule now, Be aware Comcast doesn't have them all correct. 1002 the local CBS WBBM is broadcast in 480P. 1007 the local ABC WLS is listed but not being broadcast. It is a work in process.

5. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    I'd change those 1Ps to "Channel: All" and delete the old channel from my list.

6. cherry ghost

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

For me, 1002 is 1080i and 1007 is tuning fine.

7. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    True, I could do that. I hate using "all" but I guess I'll have to until then. Thanks for the idea.

8. chicagoenergy

chicagoenergy chicagoenergy

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago
    1002 is in SD. Xfinity's fault. TiVo shows guide as HD so I would not have that channel listed as a favorite.

1007 and 1032 are missing. This is Xfinity's fault and not TiVo. If you download the Xfinity Stream app or go to the Xfinity website, those channels are missing from their lineup. I tweeted them and they stated they have no plans to rebroadcast those channels in the 1000s. Guide data is there as TiVo is ahead of the game on those. I would not put them in your favorites.

Guide data for 1009 is wrong. That is TiVo's fault. I've submitted numerous tickets. Again, remove from favorites.

They (Xfinity) didn't put a spot for CSN+ in the 1000s either.

9. cherry ghost

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Must be different for various areas.

I'm definitely getting 1007 and 1032.

Data on 1009 matches 192 exactly.

I am missing CSN+ in the 1000s.

10. chicagoenergy

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago
    I'm in Algonquin. My setup gives me Elgin or Carpentersville Comcast as options based on my zip code.

Maybe different sections of Chicago are in different stages of the new 1000s channel lineup.

I find that to be good news since Comcast's twitter account DM'd me saying there were no plans to place ABC7 and FOX32 at 1007 and 1032. I'll think positive that they might just be slow at getting my specific area updated.

Good to see WGN is not WGNT for you. I'm waiting on my fifth request to get the guide corrected at 1009. Someone at TiVo keeps changing it to the wrong guide data.

11. chicagoenergy

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago
    Channels 192 and 1009 should be the same. However 1009 is listed as WGNT and not WGN.

Attached Files:

12. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    Same. No CSN+

My WGN does say WGNDT, but I don't know the difference....?

13. chicagoenergy

Nov 14, 2013
    Chicago
    The "DT" is for digital transmission, right?

14. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    WGN-TV - Wikipedia

Scroll down.

15. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    so DT is regular WGN

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That would seem logical. All my HD locals have a DT at the end of their call letters. My feed for WGN shows as WGNAMERHD.

17. b_scott

b_scott TiVo Fan

Nov 27, 2006
    chicago, il
    makes sense, since WGN is a local Chicago station. You wouldn't have it. You'd have the national channel, WGN America.

18. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I remember Tom Skilling having the best weather on TV. WGN, along with WWOR and WTBS, as the "superstations" carried by my cable feed years ago. I still get WWOR, but it's frequently blacked out.

b_scott likes this.