Comcast - Charleston, SC - Digital Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jaj2276, Aug 15, 2008.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

I'm sure this has been asked in the existing Comcast cablecard thread, but it's almost impossible to find exactly what you're looking for when the thread is close to 200 pages! So my apologies.

Anyways, the tech came over and installed two M-cards today in my two tivos and BOTH cannot get the digital channels. He says everything is good on his end and the CSR's end, and now their headend tech guy is going to come take a look (apparently this guy is/was driving in to the office to do this).

Is there anything I can look at on my end that will show if there's an obvious error? All the analog's work fine, when I go to test the channels all of channel information is there on the cablecard (i.e. it knows that 99 is SPEED and 101 is WTHRSCRN, etc.).

2. cheesehead00

cheesehead00 New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    i am no expert but would suggest they check the way the billing is setup apparently there is a certain hierarchy for the items on the bill (dvr boxes, modems, cable cards, and additional channel packages).

have you already re ran the guided setup since the cable cards were installed?

3. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    I completed guided setup before the cable cards were installed (I moved from a Cablevision area), but have not done so after the Comcast cards were installed. Should that make a difference?

I actually noticed that I am receiving USA HD, HGTV HD, and the broadcast network HD channels. All other HD channels and all non-HD digital channels are not being received.

Since I have two Tivos experiencing the same problem, I will rerun guided setup on one of them to see if that does the trick.

Thx.

4. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Reran guided setup and restarted Tivo and no change. I wish I would have gone through all the channels before I let the technician go. Of course he said "once one channel comes through, they'll all come through." Which isn't the case as I am getting an odd assortment of digital channels (although maybe in Comcast's parlance, HD channels aren't in the digital tier.

5. Palmetto274

Palmetto274 New Member

Aug 25, 2008

Advertisements

My cablecard was installed Aug. 21 and I still do not have expanded digital and HD channels. A second tech came on Sat. to try to remedy the problem. He said many people were having the same problem because about two weeks ago Scientific Atlanta updated their servers and things did not go well. He also said there was suppose to be a big conference call today to try to remedy the problem. Comcast offered me a free HD-PVR until the problem was solved, and he seemed to think the problem would be remedied soon. My tivo is working great and will connect to the network, but the cablecard will not. The specific problem is my card (m-card) will not update. The time listed on the card is off and it is booted from the servers when it tries to update. Unfortunately, the techs cannot force the download. Any further advice or information?

6. jmaditto

jmaditto New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Any updates for us? Certainly you aren't on week 2 of not receiving encrypted channels. Just curious.