Comcast Channel Listing - NH

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bajaman, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bajaman

bajaman New Member

Oct 8, 2007

Advertisements

Comcast in New Hampshire made a complete lineup change in my area (03071). Ever since that change, TiVo has not corrected the lineup. I have submitted 2 lineup issue forms and still have never heard back from TiVo.

This is extremely frustrating!!!! I have two series 2 TiVo's that are basically useless for recording. Seeing that the channel lineup is wrong, my season passes are recoding shows that I do not want.

Has anyone else had any luck submitting the lineup issue form?

By the way, for those that will obviously ask: I rerun the channel lineup setup almost everyday. I always end up with the wrong lineup. I also realize that this is more than a TiVo issue, I hold Comcast responsible as well.

2. WayneCarter

WayneCarter Active Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Have you tried using "neighboring" ZIP codes? For instance, try the ZIP for Greenville (03048) or other nearby communities.

3. bajaman

bajaman New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    That was a cool idea, unfortunately it didn't help. I am going to try the local office for comcast (03458) next. I'm guessing that it will not work either, but it is worth a shot.

I've seen other posts regarding www.zap2it.com to check listings. They are wrong there as well.

Thanks!

4. bajaman

bajaman New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    The local office channel lineup is also incorrect.

Does anyone else have any ideas? Seeing that TiVo doesn't feel the need to even reply to my requests, I am left in the dark. I have no resolution in sight, while my TiVo's continue to record shows I have no desire to watch. Never mind the fact that I have to keep a comcast lineup card in each room, just to figure what channel I really want to watch.

5. fredct

fredct Member

Nov 15, 2004
    NJ

Advertisements

A couple ideas:

First, if you know anyone else in your area who has TiVo as well, have them submit lineup correction forms as well. The more people that submit them, the more likely it is to get attention.

Second, chances are this is a problem with Comcast not actually confirming the change so it can be official. Knocking on Comcast won't get you much help though. Instead, I'd call TiVo and insist on being sent to higher level support once or twice, until you get someone who can really look into this for you. Get a case # assigned and call back regularly - keep getting it escalated up the chain.

Lineup changes usually work fine, but when they don't, it can be a hassle.

Finally, there are a few TiVo employees on here - hopefully one of them may take notice, but in the meantime, work on those ways.

6. bajaman

bajaman New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    This is just rediculous now. I decided that I would call Comcast before TiVo. Just to see what they would have to say. I called their 800 support #, and the customer rep would not verify that they even made a change in my location. I told her that I had the new lineup card in front of me, still with that said, she would not confirm it. She then proceeded to tell me that I needed to contact my local office, I asked her for the #, and she gave me the number that I just called. Comcast is the worst!!!

I plan on contacting TiVo this week. It's now been 1 month & 1 week, I spend more time deleting shows from my TiVo's rather than watching.

7. bajaman

bajaman New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I called TiVo support today. They were able to find a lineup match in another part of the state. It was a rather simple work around. I'm left with mixed feelings regarding my issue.

On one hand, I wish I called TiVo in the first place. I'm happy that they were able to help me. On the other hand, I wish that they would remove the lineup change form, as it obviously doesn't do any good. I could have saved myself the trouble with calling them and not following their "help" process. They need to rework this system.

8. TattooedBones

TattooedBones New Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Hi. What zip code did you use? I'm having the same issue for 2+ weeks now. Thanks!

9. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Just check www.zap2it.com for listings. TiVo buys the guide data from the company that runs that site, so it's a quick way to search.