Comcast ch.809 in Atlanta Guide data missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by JPBOSS, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Apr 1, 2008 #1 of 22
    JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007

Advertisements

Anyone else in Atlanta with Series 3 missing Guide data on ch. 809 WGCTV-CBS today. Received message about 809 being deleted but then checked the guide and it was back but all data was missing and my wife's Young and the Restless didn't record.

2. Apr 1, 2008 #2 of 22
    optomos

optomos New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    I'm getting the same thing, but I have the HD Tivo.

3. Apr 1, 2008 #3 of 22
    JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I submitted an online Lineup issue via the Tivo site and I decided to go ahead and call since they are open for 30 more minutes. I'll let you know what they say.

JP

4. Apr 1, 2008 #4 of 22
    Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA

So what did they say? :p

I imagine it would take time for Tivo to get the guide data again after reporting it deleted but I would like their official answer assuming they have one.

5. Apr 1, 2008 #5 of 22
    JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007

Advertisements

Nothing other than going thru all the steps I had already done. However by the end of the call the CSR wanted me to go into the Delete Guide Data and To Do List, etc. I read the disclaimer after I selected it and I said "no no no" ain't gonna happen. I will just wait til they get it fixed. If you guys get a chance go out and submit the issue at the link below.

http://tivosupport2.instancy.com/LineUpForm.aspx

6. Apr 1, 2008 #6 of 22
    bluemcduff

bluemcduff Pushes Buttons

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I think this has something to do with Comcast getting rid of the WGCL subchannels since they aren't needed anymore for Tourney games since that's what the CableCard metadata says.

You can see what channels are supposed to be hidden by looking at the description--if you see a description start with "00" such as 117--this is a hidden channel for Comcast employees.

Although the Cablecards can see everything on the system, it won't decrypt anything it's not supposed to.

Looks like they got rid of 809, 811 and 812 but just needed to remove 811 and 812.

While we're on the topic of lineup changes, not sure what 802 should be listed--it's Peachtree TV in HD but for Braves games only.

I think this is the HD feed CSS gets being sent throughout their network for us here in Metro Atlanta.

7. Apr 2, 2008 #7 of 22
    JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I think you are exactly spot on with your theory. I saw the other channels you mentioned had shown up a while back but could not decode them. I have 801 enabled as well on my channel list which is PPV-HD so I can watch PPV fights in HD. Hope they get this fixed tomorrow. I have a Comcast employee that lives next door to me, I guess I should flag her down tomorrow and point out the issue to her but maybe Tivo will holler at Comcast tomorrow while I am at work and get it resolved.

8. Apr 2, 2008 #8 of 22
    dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    How are you doing PPV? Are you ordering over the phone, or does it just show up(neighbor's feed;))?

9. Apr 2, 2008 #9 of 22
    JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Both actually. I've ordered most fights but I have flipped to 801 on some Friday or Sat. nights and they will be showing. Haven't had much luck lately since I guess there aren't many fight fans on my block.

10. bluemcduff

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    One thing you might not know about is that sometimes 801 is in the clear but that is because this is where any CSS-HD telecasts will go if they are available.

So even though 801 is the HD PPV channel, it's more of a HD Special Events channel.

By the way, can we order PPV online--haven't checked in a while but it would be nice to know definitively.

Also, it's not unheard of for channels to remain in the clear long after they are supposed to here in Atlanta--for instance I saw some of the MLB Extra Innings channels stay on long after the preview was over last April.

I think they are being lazy sometimes but I'm not complaining.

11. cmaasfamily

cmaasfamily New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Content is there but still no guide data on S3 or HD.

I assume this is a Tivo guide data and not a Comcast issue, right? Last resort is calling Comcast about anything! (although they finally got my bill right)

12. bluemcduff

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    This is a Comcast issue because the guide data is tied to the CableCard metadata--remember this didn't arise until that changed and "broke" the link--it looks like the guide was expecting the call letters WGCLDT to match up to the data.

Since this is no longer the case, we don't get guide data until the call letters are changed back or the link is reestablished with the call letters as they are now.

For my money, they (Comcast) will probably change the call letters back and the problem will solve itself--I'd suggest calling them but good luck getting a resolution to our satisfaction--see my posts on the idiocy of the Comcast techs in the CableCard thread.

From Tribune's perspective, the lineup hasn't changed so they aren't at fault here.

And to answer your question, no change where I am--still no data.

13. cmaasfamily

cmaasfamily New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Makes sense. Thanks!

14. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Looks like the Seasons Pass has automatically switched to recording the shows from ota channel 46-1.

15. bluemcduff

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Nice catch--for those of us with S3s and antennas connected I second the idea of adding 46-1 to your channel list until this is resolved.

One note though for those who don't normally use 46-1--you may find good reception (low number of uncorrectable errors = no macroblocking) of 46-1 a little tougher since they are operating at lower power until they get their digital antenna repaired.

16. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Think it was added back to the lineup and guide today.

At least I think that waht it said in the messages. Didn't verify.

17. bluemcduff

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Things are unchanged here--I still have no guide data for 809.

There are several headends for metro Atlanta--it may have been fixed on one but not all--this isn't resolved yet.

18. JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Yep, just got the message here an hour or so ago. Force a connection on your's and see if it fixes it.

19. bluemcduff

Sep 8, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Forced call did the trick--thanks for the heads up!

20. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    One thing I just noticed lately is 803 and 804 are rather weak lately. Lot's of blocking. Fox did that a while back but then cleared up.

It may have been like this for a while though, because I really haven't been looking at either too much recently.