Advertisements Hopefully this will be of some help to those Comcast customers struggling to get the CC's activated. I *finally* got my cards activated thanks to swapping cards and talking with a very helpful CSR. This post relates to Motorola cards FWIW. First off, if you are having trouble activating, DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOUR CARDS ARE OK. If you check your "Conditional Access" on a card and it does not have "Encryption: DES" -- you probably have a poorly configured card. I noted that one of my two cards did not have this bit of information. I suggest comparing your 2 cards under their respective "Conditional Access" menus and make sure that they generally look the same. (numbers and such may differ, but again, they should both have "Encryption DES" listed. Between a weekend of no luck with activation after 5 or 6 separate calls to Comcast and noticing eventually that my 2 cards were definitely different under the "Conditional Access" menu, I finally went back to my local Comcast office and told them that a CSR suggested I get two new CC's. They seemed dubious of my request, but I walked out with two new CC's. When I got home I rebooted the TiVo and inserted the my first card into CC slot 1, checking to make sure that the "CableCARD Pairing" information had registered. I next did the same for CC slot 2. I then proceeded to call Comcast and request activation of my 2 CC's. Before starting anything, I had the CSR confirm the CC equipment serial numbers to make sure we were both talking about the same cards. After confirming we were talking about the right cards, she sent the signal to activate my cards. Normally, based on 2 days of experience anyway, this is about the time CSR's seem to want to get off the phone. I simply asked that she stay on the line with me until I could confirm that everything was working. She was incredibly nice and said "no problem." I started flipping between the cards to "Test Channels." It look about 90 seconds for the 2nd card to start working and about another 30 seconds for the 1st card to start working. Sweet! A small victory. Of course the next thing to test was "do I have access to the content that I'm paying for?" A quick test revealed I had none of the digital channels, no HBO, etc. working on either card, just the basic cable. FWIW, at this point under the "Conditional Access" menu I had the following (among the other stuff) for Auth showing: Auth: MISSING_PROGRAM_REKEY The CSR then went to work to send *another* signal to both cards to tell them what content I was allowed to view. Within 2 minutes I had received the "161-4" "error" message for both cards. This is actually a *good* sign as far as I can tell. After this, under the "Conditional Access" menu I had the following (among the other stuff) for Auth showing on both cards: Auth: SUBSCRIBED Within another 2 minutes (the CSR was again nice enough to stay on the line with me) all of the channels I'd expect to be getting appeared to be working. I am now happily recording 2 streams of HD on the S3! Hopefully this post will help some other S3 Comcast people out. If enough people post their experiences, I suspect we'll soon be able to diagnose other TCF member's activation problems, hopefully saving some frustration!