Comcast cable card phone number no longer active?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jdubs, Feb 26, 2019.

1. jdubs

jdubs New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Did comcast change their cable card help line? The number I have is 1-877-405-2298 but that is just routing me to the standard comcast phone line.

2. jdubs

jdubs New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    anyone have any ideas if there is a new number?

3. smark

smark Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2002
    Denver, CO
  4. jdubs

jdubs New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Nope it routes me to the main call center, at la
    Doing it online is not working and that number is the main call center and there is no option two, it is all voice recognition.

5. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    On the Tivo's cable card screens there used to be a number you could call to "activate" the card. It was different than the main Comcast number. Maybe that number is still working? Although I tried it once and got routed to India or whatever. Thought maybe because it was a weekend but maybe all calls to that number go offshore. If it still exists.

6. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Never mind, number is still there but it is the one you have/tried.

7. Das Achteck

Das Achteck Member

Mar 8, 2005
    There is no dedicated CC line any longer. That should tell you something about the future. Call that number anyway.

Try telling the VR bot “agent”. Then spend several minutes explaining what a TiVo is. Finally the agent will say they can set you up after you provide the CC ID, Host ID and CC serial number. I have not actually completed the process but was inquiring about moving a CC from one box to another.

What do you mean online doesn’t work?

8. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    I moved a CableCARD from one Bolt To another today. The number I used was 877-599-1844 which got me a very pleasant CSR in Tucson. I was told at one time this number will get you US based technical support. She was able to pair and unpair within about 15 minutes. I still had to go through the VR bot but it seemed easier then 800-405-2289 number I tried last night.

I also tried the online page but I think the issue is that it only will work to pair a card and not if you need to unpair one first.

jj2me likes this.
  9. lessd

lessd Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    The online page only works on a new cable card you would get directly with Comcast.