Colorful Screen Freezes

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by feiter, Apr 17, 2011.

1. feiter

feiter New Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Facts first: My Premier is 2 months old. I have attached to Cox cable with Tuning adapter and from TiVo to TV is HDMI. I am using the HD menue with live tv on.

Frequently when I select an item from any menu choice I get a very colorful screen that pulses but no matter how long I wait it does not go to the menu item. I have to go back to live TV and try again. Frequently I still get the freeze or colorful but blank screen. I have had this happen with selecting my to do list, settings item, newtwork and even when I have selected a recorded item to play. First time it happened for a recorded item to play I actually deleted the item thinking it recored that way--next time I went to live TV and then back and selected to play again and it played normally.

I also get 5-10 seconds of a flashing screen each time I successfully select any menu item--with my current Series 3 which I still have hooked up to another TV I never experience these problems.

Any suggestions? Anyone else getting this?

Thanks, Feiter

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    One possibility is that the Premiere is just defective. Has it always done that? It also sounds like it could be some sort of weird HDMI handshaking issue. Go to Settings / Video / Video Output Formats, and make sure only one format is checked (your TV's native format, not 1080p). If that doesn't help, try using component cables instead of HDMI. Or try hooking the Premiere to the other TV that has no problem with your Series 3. If it works OK with any other TV, it's probably an HDMI issue.