Colony "Tamam Shud" S2E9 (3/9/17) **Spoilers!**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by RGM1138, Mar 10, 2017.

1. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS

Advertisements

Man, the Bowman family is up a certain creek without an oar. The kids know mom is a stone cold killer. And everybody and his alien-ass kissin' brother is searching for Will. Now, he's out in the cold with few resources.

Curious to see how the alien tech will help conquer the invaders. I really hope Will's IA buddy is dead. I couldn't stand that guy.

I still want to know who is high enough on the food chain to stop a drone from turning Will into wall art.

And when will they find a RAP book titled: "To Serve Man."?

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I thought it was funny when Bob talked about the Deputy Proxy not being above the law. What law? You're working for alien invaders.

This is what bugs me about Bob. I get that the show is meant as kind of an allegory for regimes like Vichy France, where you can always find some people who collaborate not out of fear, or desire for power, but because they actually embrace the ideology of the invaders. Bob seems like he's meant to represent this type. But, while I can understand that idea in an all-human context, it doesn't really make sense here. If the aliens even have an ideology behind their invasion, it's obscure. I could see maybe if he'd bought into the Greatest Day religion, but there's no indication of that in the show. Rather, he acts (IMHO) like a conventional fascist; only, conventional fascism shouldn't really apply here. I dunno.

3. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    I'm assuming that Will was correct when he attributed it to his face appearing in a database of Occupation operatives -- no conscious intervention, unless you count the drone as conscious.

Well, they already have the extinction graph, so that would be kind of redundant. But, it would be interesting to know what they're actually doing in The Factory.

Maybe The Greatest Day will turn out to be true. ;) That could make the whole show a kind of really dark version of Childhood's End.

4. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yes, I made a similar observation earlier on, that it was about the evils of totalitarianism, Fascism etc. But, you can't compare WWII Nazi Germany to an unstoppable, highly advanced race of aliens pulling the same stunt.

To make that point again, you could just remake Casablanca. ;)

I keep hearing about accounts on the internet of people quoting the show runners that there are no aliens. Which really doesn't make any sense. Especially after we saw them fly the wall to Earth and it basically constructed itself. I'm pretty sure that neither ISIL or Russian has that technology.

5. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA

Advertisements

Instead of actual living beings as the aliens, how about a technology based computer/robot "race"? That might explain why the captured "alien" was impervious to the radiation from that suit module.

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, that would make sense. I think we were speculating on that earlier on, after seeing those shots of the body with the weird shaped helmet.
    Possibly, built by a race like the Heptapods, who use them like we use rovers to travel space while they stay safely at home.
    Or, they could be Autobots.

:)

7. wmcbrine

Aug 2, 2003
    That could just mean that they never appear in the show. They haven't yet, really.

Or, they could be humans from the future, invading their own past. Or maybe the robot thing. :)

8. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Maybe they're Cybernetic Robot Men

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Wow, that's a depressing outcome I never thought of. Our future descendants, running out of resources, coming back in time to produce . . . Soylent Green! :eek:

mrdbdigital likes this.
  10. Family

Family Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Colony has become a pretty good show. They've moved the main characters around enough so that season 3 would be from a different perspective. It hasn't been renewed yet. This would be a hard one to lose. It's one of my favorites.

11. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I'm glad they flipped the script this episode and took the show in a new direction. I've enjoyed it all up to now, but it was starting to get a bit stale.

I assume the showrunners have a solid idea of where they want to go with this story, but I worry that the show won't be around long enough for them to complete the arc. It would really suck for the show to get cancelled before we learn who the invaders are, why they came to Earth, and what their ultimate plan is.

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I feel kinda bad for Gracie. Her two older brothers are messed up, her mom's a terrorist, her dad's terrorist collaborator and her tutor got turned into swiss cheese.