Colony - Season Two Thread *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Jan 12, 2017.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...

Advertisements

Ok, time for Season Two of Colony, on USA. Spoilers allowed up to any episode that's aired on USA.

2. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, we waited 10 months for a flashback ep and to find out they flew the wall into place. I guess that's as believable as anything else. Maybe in another year we'll find out what the visitors are. :rolleyes:

3. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I guess that shows that anyone watching the wall form, pretty much knew they were dealing with aliens from the beginning. I was thinking they were suspecting a foreign government for a while ...

4. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I thought it was a good episode, interesting way to kickoff a new season. We get to see how it all started. Agree on the wall, that takes you from "who set off an EMP", to... WTF?!?

Now they have me curious how the recruiters were recruited. Who was Agent Zero?

BTW, do we know how long it was between the invasion, and the events of S1?

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

According to Wikipedia, less than a year.

astrohip likes this.
  6. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I really enjoyed this episode. It was very interesting see how everything went down when the arrival first began. I was always curious about how the wall was built, and specifically how they got separated from their son. I'm glad this show is back!

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I had forgotten how good this show is. Glad it's back.

8. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Thinking back, we really didn't see how the visitors took over, apparently without firing a shot.
    What kind of demonstration did they give TPTB to make them give up so quickly? All we saw was the already chosen proxy, ushered into a cold room with one alien. And this was before the wall was even put into place.
    I want to know the story of what happened on the first day they landed.

9. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Seems pretty obvious to me that some high level group, or the Government itself, is in cahoots with the alien invasion.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yeah, it's pretty likely that they would have coerced the president to get coooeration. And, they would have probably let him know that they were taking over, regardless, and he could either go along or they would reduce the Earth to a burned out cinder, to coin a phrase.
    And that's the story I want to see. But, the show runners apparently wanted to do a story about occupation, but they don't want it to be about aliens.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It seemed to me that they removed all the people with real power and skills, and then selected people with compromised moral characters to be the new government representatives.

I thought the shift toward the end of the episode from flashback to the continuation of the S1 story was very abrupt. What did the older son do that landed him in jail? And how did Sawyer get to the Santa Monica block? I thought moving between blocks was virtually impossible.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The block leader got Sawyer out (gave him a travel pass) at the end of last season. And the kid was caught trying to get out through the tunnel.

13. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I guess I'm in the minority here. I thought the first episode of the season was a waste of an hour. The entire thing was a setup for the last 3 seconds when they revealed the old partner. Sure, a little backstory was nice, but not worth the time for that.

14. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kind of agree. Not a waste of an hour but certainly could have had more story and less background.

As for the transitional government being in place, remember The X-Files. *They* have been here for s long, long time. And men in high places have been meeting to discuss the terms of the invasion.

15. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    NoVa
    In S1, the wall really looked like it was concrete, do aliens make concrete? (Rhetorical Question)

16. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    If definitely looks metallic in the S2 fly in. And with an AI component.

17. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    It's amazing how much alien technology has improved in the off-season. :p

18. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    So it would appear that the visitors may have been dealing with select humans in secret for decades. I guess this explains how the new government infrastructure was put into place so fast.

19. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yes, but it have to start with a president giving the order, and maybe, a large part of congress, to move that many government assets.

Otherwise, there would have a very large interstellar war back in the 70s and I don't remember that happening. ;)

20. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Good episode last night. I'm not usually a fan of the "tell the story from diff characters POV" trope, but I thought this worked well. Especially as we saw different stories from some of them. Bram's story "I couldn't pull the trigger". Bram's POV "Pow Bang Bang"

The Ambassador seems to be highly placed. I'll guess his death will bring havoc.

Only two episodes left.