CNBC Programme Data problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by mikeyboyuk, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mikeyboyuk

mikeyboyuk New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Hi,

I'm trying to record both "The Tonight Show" and "Late Night" on CNBC (channel 505 on Sky), but neither a Season Pass nor Wishlist will make it record in the
    To Do List. I think it's because it has no specific episode details, or maybe it's down to it's original on-air date? Basically, even if I give the Season Pass or Wishlist priority over all other recordings, it sill doesn't work - i think becuase TiVo always thinks that it's available within 28 days, so will never seem to record it.

Are there any ways around this?

Cheers,

Mikey

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    If a programme is cancelled from the ToDo at anytime - then you can not put it back in using wishlists/SPs

You have to choose the programme as a direct record

3. mikeyboyuk

mikeyboyuk New Member

Jul 23, 2005
    For some reason, TiVo didn't seem like it would ever record either of these shows. Each time I check an instance in the Recording History, it always says that another showing is scheduled...

I'm sure it must be something to do with the programme data, beause it's a daily show, so it seems like TiVo isn't ever going to pick it up.

I think the only way around it is to use a Manual Recording, but then again, it's scheduled time changes occasionally.

Anyone else getting the same problem if they try to add this as a Season Pass or Wishlist?

4. mrtickle

mrtickle Active Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Birmingham, UK
    I've just checked and the data is bad, for both programmes. Same problems as I posted earlier with "Money Box Live" on Radio 4. You'll get 1 recording every 28 days because they are all set to the same episode.

Please post in the errors thread/phone CS with an error report - in the meantime from the TiVo UI you'll have to "record this episode also" on every day's broadcast. That will pick up time changes and so be better than a repeating manual recording.