Closed Captioning Issues?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by sheisler28, Apr 23, 2015.

1. sheisler28

sheisler28 Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I have had my Roamio since Sept 2013. I am hearing impaired so I use the closed captioning when watching TV. For the last couple months I have noticed that there are times when the dialogue is not captioned or the captions will only flash on the screen for a second and you can't read them before they're gone. It is on several channels and different shows so it is not station or show specific.

It is happening more and more frequently and is getting very distracting and annoying when trying to follow a show. I don't have these issues when I watch the Apple TV so I do think that it is the captioning that is coming through the Tivo that is at issue.

Is anyone else experiencing problems? Any advice?

Thanks!
    Shelley

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    While the CC function should work, you should also try the DCC (digital). They are set separately.
    Some use channels CC1 or DCC1 for English, and CC3 or DCC3 for Spanish.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    You're not the only one that has noticed problems with CC. Check out this thread... http://tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=526169 In that thread, if you don't want to wade through the whole thing, you can probably skip to post #58 for a good summary to that point. I've got the 20.4.7 code on my Roamio and the problem hasn't been fixed yet.