Clone Drive - Premiere Pro: Pairing, Comcast, Not Original Owner

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by jimlau, Jan 9, 2020.

1. jimlau

jimlau Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I have a Premiere Pro. I want to install a larger drive. I have Comcast cable. Can I just clone the drive on my Windows 10 PC and assume pairing and all will be the same?

I'm not the initial owner so I have no info if any is needed.

I assume I can't just install a blank drive and Tivo does the rest if I don't care if I lose my recordings?

I think I have a 480GB drive for both. And where do I download the software to do this?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  2. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
  3. jimlau

jimlau Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I've been looking in the forum and can't quite figure it all out. Any responses to my specific questions?

Thanks.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    That's because there's no such model as a Premiere Pro. You need to specify my model number, look on label on the back, near the power cord... begins with TCD...

5. jimlau

jimlau Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Sorry, drop the Pro. ;) It's about 7+ years old. I don't have access to it for a few days. Meantime, I have the drive and simply want to clone it. So the software and procedure. I downloaded WinMFS for my PC but it doesn't seem to recognize drives. So I'm stuck.

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No, WinMFS doesn't work for this series. You need either DVRBars and/or MFSTools 3.3.

7. jimlau

jimlau Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Can a backup be made on my PC, then from there to the backup drive, or does this only work drive to drive? I only have 1 convenient set of drive cables.

8. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    You can use DvrBARS to make a backup and restore on a windows based PC

jimlau likes this.