Clicking on Season Pass (anywhere) causes reboot

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Dojimaster, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Dojimaster

Dojimaster New Member

Mar 4, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    This may have been beat to death, but despite searching and reading for about 45 minutes, I cannot find a similar post.

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :)

Up until mid July 2007, I had NEVER had any reboot problems.
    DSR6000 Series 1
    hacked, larger drives, cache card, updates over the internet (no phone connected)

Starting mid July, I now get an immediate reboot whenever I:

Try to manage season passes
    Add a season pass when selecting a show from the Guide

I have 4 DSR6000s all hacked and the others are working fine - just this one!

Any ideas?

2. cramer

cramer Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Raleigh,...
    You have a damaged SP or it's referencing a damaged object. I had a S1 do the same sort of thing -- it was crashing shortly after startup, at the first scheduler run, as soon as it walked the NPL... Channel 28 had been deleted in one of TMS's major channel f*ups years ago (the idiots didn't know the difference between a digital channel and an analog channel.) As soon as the "source" is referenced for anything recorded from the now gone channel, *poof*. (The logs clearly showed the object causing the issue. I was not happy having to destroy 3 seasons of [censored].)

So your options are a) "Don't do that." :) b) "Clear program information & to fo list" and if that doesn't help... Nuke it: Clear & Delete Everything. (buy a UPS, it might take a day. or more.)

(Or find a nearby tivo hacker to get into the thing, look at the tverr log, find the offending object(s) and remove them.)

[EDIT: Isn't there a kickstart code for forcing an mfsfix? Maybe that would help. It's certainly faster than a C&DE.]