Click Watch Takes Me To Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoJo3000, Apr 24, 2018.

1. JoJo3000

JoJo3000 Member

Feb 16, 2009

Advertisements

Just tried to watch a movie I recorded using TIVO Online. I pressed the watch now button and a Amazon Prime window opened where I could rent or purchase the movie. I don't get it... Why doesn't the movie just play? Same thing happened with an episode of Grey's Anatomy I had recorded. Why would I want to buy a movie I already have recorded on my TIVO?
    Also, I tried to watch a baseball game -- no watch now button. Options have a "Add this streaming video to my shows" What does that mean?

Thanks for any help!

2. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    What TiVo model(s) do you have?

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You were on your home network when you tried to do this and on a PC?

Scott

4. JoJo3000

JoJo3000 Member

Feb 16, 2009

5. JoJo3000

JoJo3000 Member

Feb 16, 2009

Advertisements

Hi ... I have two Premieres, and yes, I was sitting at home on my laptop, on my home network -- same as the TIVOs Further, I clicked Watch on an NBC show (forgot which one) and was taken to the NBC.com site where it played ... Again, I have to wonder why the program on my TIVO doesn't just play instead of taking me to other sites?

6. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    The Premiere's did not come with streaming capabilities for TiVo Online or the TiVo mobile apps so do you have an external Stream unit? If not, then you won't be able to do this. (Roamio Plus/Pro and Bolt's have this built in. The Roamio Basic and OTA models don't).

Scott

7. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    And I've seen other people do this where they quote a message but don't add their comments and then there's a second post right after with their comments. Curious how that happens. :)

Scott

JoeKustra likes this.
  8. JoJo3000

JoJo3000 Member

Feb 16, 2009
    Okay, so no good for me ... Thanks Scott ... It was driving me nuts!